How long will this be exclusive to AT&T? When will T-Mobile get the chance to put out a 9800?
    08-03-10 11:05 AM
    I dont know if T Mobile is getting the 9800. I do know Rogers is next up.
    08-03-10 11:12 AM
    T-Mobile will not be getting this device. AT&T signed a deal like Verizon did with the Storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-10 11:46 AM
    T-Mobile will not be getting this device. AT&T signed a deal like Verizon did with the Storm.

I'm really disappointed to hear this....love my 9700 but the Torch looks fantastic!
    08-03-10 11:54 AM

was this stated at the press conference?
    08-03-10 12:11 PM
    was this stated at the press conference?
    It was not, and I don't think anybody really knows at this point. All speculation. Which sucks because I'd rather not buy it unlocked from AT&T and then have T-Mo put one out 3 months later.
    08-03-10 12:33 PM
    My point is unless you know it for a fact it shouldnt be stated as such
    08-03-10 12:35 PM
    My point is unless you know it for a fact it shouldnt be stated as such
    Agreed....
    08-03-10 12:41 PM
    You mention Verizon signing a deal for Storm. Does that mean that Torch will not make it to Verizon customers?
    08-03-10 12:57 PM
    i personally do not like this phone, but i could see ppl on tmo liking this. tmo made a dumb move by not getting this phone. why oh why hasnt tmo released any touchscreen BB?
    08-03-10 01:14 PM
    I would think they would have announced that it was long term exclusive to AT&T if it was. Then they would get more people to possible move over for the device.
    08-03-10 01:15 PM
    Could it be the 9780 will be exclusive to Tmobile and the Torch to at&T?
    08-03-10 01:16 PM
    That would be wonderful, but I do recall someone, like CX maybe saying that it would be exclusive. But dont bet on that either way as I do not recall if it was him or not. I was however someone with a good amount of credibility.
    08-03-10 01:24 PM
    I just spoke to a friend that works in RIM's training division. They said that not only will the Torch be released from exclusivity in the U.S. in "a few months" but it will be available as a CDMA device as well!

If true, this is not only great news for long-suffering T-Mobile customers but for Sprint and Verizon people too
    08-03-10 03:15 PM
    I just spoke to a friend that works in RIM's training division. They said that not only will the Torch be released from exclusivity in the U.S. in "a few months" but it will be available as a CDMA device as well!

If true, this is not only great news for long-suffering T-Mobile customers but for Sprint and Verizon people too
    Wow, I hope this is true. It would really benefit everyone!
    08-03-10 03:19 PM

As a 15+ year Verizon Wireless customer (who waited outside a Verizon store for 4 hours the first day the Storm I was available) I will now do my 'Snoopy Dance' in anticipation of a CDMA model 9800.
    08-03-10 03:34 PM
    As a 15+ year Verizon Wireless customer (who waited outside a Verizon store for 4 hours the first day the Storm I was available) I will now do my 'Snoopy Dance' in anticipation of a CDMA model 9800.

Sub in TMob for Verizon and we're in the same boat!
    08-03-10 06:00 PM
    wow.
    That sucks. I'm up in Sept for NE2

You mention Verizon signing a deal for Storm. Does that mean that Torch will not make it to Verizon customers?
    08-03-10 06:00 PM
    Hopefully OS6 will come out soon and I can entertain myself with that while I wait for the 9800 to drop on TMobile.

08-03-10 06:46 PM
    It's only in exclusivity in the USA so they can set up manufacturing for different frequencies and technologies.
    08-03-10 07:03 PM
    I would think they would have announced that it was long term exclusive to AT&T if it was. Then they would get more people to possible move over for the device.
    Here's the deal Clint: It looks as though AT&T has an Iphone type exclusivity deal with the 9800. They(AT&T) are lobbying hard and have been from the beginning to keep this device solely within AT&T. If initial sales go well, it's a very good possibility. As far as T-Mo USA, this statement shed lots of light on the situation--> T-Mobile Says “We Look Forward to… Support BlackBerry 6” | BerryReview.com

Right now, AT&T is closer to total exclusivity than T-Mo USA is to carrying the 9800.
    08-03-10 07:15 PM
    But that article still doesn't mean they aren't getting it at all... Seems to me that they are obviously stating that they aren't getting it "right now".

We'll have to see how AT&T markets the phone. That will tell us everything...
    08-03-10 07:23 PM
    Wall Street Journal has the exclusivity period to be less than 6 months
    08-03-10 07:34 PM
    I'm thinking the same...similar to how the HTC HD2 was TMobile exclusive for all of what...maybe 3 to 4 months...
    08-03-10 07:37 PM
    Phone exclusivity really does suck. It would be nice if all phones were released unlocked and you can choose the carrier you want to use with it.

This model will definitely light a fire under carriers to improve their networks! Just my $.02

Hopefully the Torch AT&T exclusivity only lasts a few months, because I can't wait for this to drop on T-Mobile!
    08-03-10 07:39 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD