Went into the AT&T store and exchanged my torch because I had the "wiggle" issue. At first, they store rep tried to tell me it is normal on all the devices. After explaining and showing that there two floor models didn't have this issue. She replaced the device for me. After receiving the device I noticed a few improvements over my previous torch.

1. The sliding mechanism was a lot sturdier.
    2. The phone in itself seemed to run a lot smoother.
    3. The trackpad seems more responsive.
    4. The tin/echo isn't as frequent. (Heard the leaked update fixes this? Any verification?)
    08-18-10 08:03 AM
    4. The tin/echo isn't as frequent. (Heard the leaked update fixes this? Any verification?)
    Look around this forum. There's a thread that states the leak fixes the issue for those that had it, and plenty of people had confirmed.
    08-18-10 08:37 AM
    Went into the AT&T store and exchanged my torch because I had the "wiggle" issue. At first, they store rep tried to tell me it is normal on all the devices. After explaining and showing that there two floor models didn't have this issue. She replaced the device for me. After receiving the device I noticed a few improvements over my previous torch.

Glad to hear, but do you think your mind is making you think the other stuff is better? I know when I clean my car I feel like it is running better. Stupid I know.
    08-18-10 08:43 AM

What verification do you need? There is a thread on it, too.

You should try the update and see if it fixes your problem - it's not happening to every Torch.
    08-18-10 09:23 AM
    Well to me everything I listed seems to working better. May just be in my head but I'm pretty convinced. I suppose I will try out the update
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-18-10 09:46 AM
    I went through 2 devices before i was finally happy.
    And yes, the latest leaked OS does fix the tin sound in calls.
    08-18-10 10:39 AM
    It's pretty bad when you have to use the display models as an example of how the device is supposed to work... Mine hasn't had this "wiggle" issue like others have. There is also a thread where many people are saying the update fixes the call quality issue. I, myself haven't updated however, but if more than a handful of people are saying the same thing then it can be assumed it's a solid fix.

Yeah it is pretty bad.
    08-18-10 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD