This senior citizen (71 this month) LOVED his BOLD 9000 but as they say "Love is lovelier the second time around". I have had no problems with the 9800 and really appreciate that I now have a choice of Touch, Track Pad (don't miss the ball) and keyboard (got to have keyboard) to perform functions. My BB phones have kept my brain active and young at heart using all the apps that I use daily: (Email,Calendar,Crackberry,Bloomberg,Fox news, USA Today,NYTimes (have to wait to get this on the 9800), MyCart, ESPN, and many others.
    Looking forward to discovering other great features on OS6 and the 9800 Torch.
    08-15-10 11:04 AM
    Wife got hers and she has no issues at all. She loves it. Mine will be in next week.
    08-15-10 11:22 AM
    im loving mine, seems like a lot of 9000 bb users who were holding out from the 9700 are picking these up.
    08-15-10 12:13 PM
    This senior citizen (71 this month) LOVED his BOLD 9000 but as they say "Love is lovelier the second time around". I have had no problems with the 9800 and really appreciate that I now have a choice of Touch, Track Pad (don't miss the ball) and keyboard (got to have keyboard) to perform functions. My BB phones have kept my brain active and young at heart using all the apps that I use daily: (Email,Calendar,Crackberry,Bloomberg,Fox news, USA Today,NYTimes (have to wait to get this on the 9800), MyCart, ESPN, and many others.
    Looking forward to discovering other great features on OS6 and the 9800 Torch.
    Good to hear of your positive experiences! It's also great that you are embracing "newer" technology so readily! I hope that when I'm 71 I will be able to keep growing as well as you have....with any luck, I hope to be 71 someday!
    My Mum has you beat - she's a bit older and she's been rocking her 9700 since just before Mother's Day. She LOVES that thing!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 08-15-10 at 01:53 PM.
    08-15-10 12:45 PM
    Good to hear of your positive experiences! It's also great that you are embracing "newer" technology so readily! I hope that when I'm 71 I will be able to keep growing as well as you have....with any luck, I hope to be 71 someday!
    My Mum has you beat - she's a bit older and she's been rocking her 9700 since just before Mother's Day. She LOVES that thing!

Cheers!
    Thank you for the compliment. It really upsets me that most senior citizens have little interest in embracing "newer" technology. I try to show every senior I come in contact with what I can do on my phone and that they could do the same thing. My greatest thrill is my children and grandchildren asking how to "do something" on their phone. They knew I was really into my phone when I started downloading Leaked OS & hybrid systems. Also that I use my phone more than my laptop computer.
    LOVE my Blackberry
    08-15-10 02:25 PM
    Is anybody here who posted their feedback using the Torch UNLOCKED on T-Mobile or are y'all with AT&T since it works flawlessly. I am well aware that there are users who have the Torch unlocked with T-Mo but since all the feedback are positive, was wondering if it is because you didn't need to unlock or tweak anything...
    08-15-10 02:48 PM
    Here's my vote of really liking it.
    I did exchange my original unit that I got at 10 AM Thursday for another yesterday because of the slider wiggle/clack described in other threads.

It was a minor inconvenience but drove me nuts especially using it one handed.

As a user in his mid 50's, I really like reading my emails and using the browser in landscape mode with a little larger font than possible with my bold. I don't need to constantly search for my reading glasses!

My Bold did everything I wanted out of a smartphone... my Torch does it way better.
    08-15-10 03:07 PM
    I haven't had any isses at all with my new Torch. I love it.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-15-10 03:12 PM
    Mine is unlocked on T-Mobile and everything is working perfectly. Great device and a perfect formfactor for me.

Is anybody here who posted their feedback using the Torch UNLOCKED on T-Mobile or are y'all with AT&T since it works flawlessly. I am well aware that there are users who have the Torch unlocked with T-Mo but since all the feedback are positive, was wondering if it is because you didn't need to unlock or tweak anything...
    08-15-10 03:21 PM
    I actually came back to at&t for this phone. I was on the Sprint network and while I had no grips about them nor their service, I just felt I need more from my phone. When I went into the store to activate the lady was removing the plastic and such from the outside of the phone and the little area where the trackpad and stuff was came off with the sticker. I was glad that was caught before I left the store. Needless to say she went in the back and got me another one. So far after three plus days since launch the phone has been wonderful to me. No grips and no fussing.
    08-15-10 03:47 PM
    Same here,going post to post passing along the good word. Not sure where all the bad feedback is from,my torch has been flawless(knock on wood ).

08-15-10 04:06 PM
    I am 4 days into my love affair with my Torch! This is my 3rd BB and I have never had any issues with any of them that I couldn't come on here and quickly resolve. The thing is a Sherman tank and responds to my touch better than a woman. LOL I think I will keep her.
    08-15-10 04:20 PM
    Bought mine 10 am launch day. No problems at all. Wonderful blackberry, my husband is feeling neglected as I play with all options this weekend and ignoring him. Have to, business travel Monday and rest of week and I have to have working flawless and know features. Also setting up personal features and downloading bookmarks and web links. I upgraded from 8310, OMG! What a difference. Worth the wait. My new best pal.

08-15-10 04:52 PM
    Thank you for the compliment. It really upsets me that most senior citizens have little interest in embracing "newer" technology. I try to show every senior I come in contact with what I can do on my phone and that they could do the same thing. My greatest thrill is my children and grandchildren asking how to "do something" on their phone. They knew I was really into my phone when I started downloading Leaked OS & hybrid systems. Also that I use my phone more than my laptop computer.
    LOVE my Blackberry
    It is great that a person at your age is embracing the ever-evolving area of mobile tech. Hopefully, when you are 72 next year, you'll be getting the 9780 if it comes to AT&T!

I might be jumping ship from iPhone 4 to the Torch tomorrow!
    08-15-10 05:34 PM
    I upgraded from a Bold 9000 to the Torch on launch day and couldn't be happier. I have not had a single problem with my new phone. I love the form factor and have to say that this is the Blackberry that I have been waiting for.

Cheers,

DrDave
    08-15-10 07:09 PM
    I have minor lag issues randomly but what ******* os doesn't! Even the EVO would lag randomly sometimes!

I LOVE MY TORCH!!!!!!
    08-15-10 08:04 PM
    went from the 8800 to the 9000 to the 9700 to the 9800. I must be one of the lucky ones have never had an issue on any of them. The 9800 is the best so far.
    08-15-10 08:27 PM
    I really really love this phone. I was an iphone user for almost three years. I own two companies, text, check email, web is a req, sacial media is a must. This phone is fantastic. Zero complaints. Btw I was and am a iphone guru. Know about everything from base loading and boot codes to messing with the sdk. BB rocks and I am really happy. Now that I have BB messengeri would like to meet other BB users. 22C71B7D is the PIN. Would like to chat about close to anything.

08-15-10 09:24 PM
    I love mine.
    08-15-10 10:09 PM
    I really lobe this phone there are just a few monor tweaks i need to gey. It sais i nedd service books to be able to use the browser with out wifi. Ne one out there want to send me a copy of their service books like facebook, the browser, social network,etc. Would really appreciate it with all my heart. PM me or respomd to me here. Or if n e one knows how to get them another way let me know.

08-16-10 12:02 AM
    it's day 4 and all 4 torches in the house are doing FINE..
    in other words everybody's FINE.
    no issue with the phone nor with the Battery.

08-16-10 12:05 AM
    Love this phone.... NO issues at all!! I keep waiting for the lag issue, slider wiggle, tin sound while on the phone, keys not working etc.... Absolutely asskikin' phone!!
    08-16-10 12:14 AM
    Picked up the Otterbox today and I love it. My world is complete now.
    08-16-10 01:56 AM
    Awesome!! I picked up the OtterBox also.... *** kickin case Fo-Sho! Ohhhhh..... And did I mention that I LOVE this phone!!!!!!!!! Ohhhhh..... Ya!!!!!!!
    08-16-10 02:00 AM
    My wife and myself upgraded from the 9000 to the 9800. I have to say this has to be the most fun I've had with a Blackberry. Can't understand all the negativity surrounding the phone. It does everything I want my phone to do. Good job RIM.

08-16-10 02:09 AM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD