One of the main reasons I switched devices from my Bold 9000 was because I was getting these types of errors when I was running apps. Basically, the 9000 didn't have enough juice to do what I wanted it to do.

I've had my Torch going on two months now without any errors, but last night I was downloading multiple apps at once (which I've done in the past and not had problems) and a theme, when the device rebooted and I ended up with one of RIM's 'nifty' error codes.

I've done some Googling and not come up with much about this error. RIM's official KB article didn't seem to work.

It's a constant cyclic loop. The device tries to boot and then I get 'Error 602 Reset'. I've done battery pulls, tried to reinstall the device OS clean and still no luck. Desktop Manager sees that I have a Torch connected to my computer but it won't actually connect to the device.

All I want is my phone back. At this point I could care less what's on it (although getting that stuff back would be nice).

Does anyone have any luck with this? I'm pretty well versed in Blackberry since I support them at work but I'm completely out of tricks.

HELP!
    Last edited by loopdokter; 11-26-10 at 02:32 PM.
    lonelyalien likes this.
    11-26-10 02:30 PM
    Hey,

I have the same problem with my brand new Blackberry Torch. This is my first BB and it's only a day with me. I did not solve the problem, however, I managed to get it started up just by removing the sim card.

It started up as normal, me being verry happy and thinking I solved this problem almost trashed the Torch when the white F'ing screen showed up again saying App Error 602... Reset :'c

Another moment of hope occured: When doing this famous reset, the phone starts up and starts doing this safety check, at the moment it was loaded for 54% I plugged the USB Cable in. It connected for a hopefull 10 seconds woth the desktop software.

I litterally tried everything, both on MAC and PC, and I'm tired of it.

The help procedure on blackberry.com is B*llsh*t so don't waste your time. They are telling you to 'go around the problem' by reinstalling your device OS, imossible if you can't get a stable connection between your device and PC.

I will bring the phone back to the shop tomorrow. I really like the phone though... if it works...

Oh yeah, almost forgot... the problem occured whit the second Mac-Sync. I installed some music on it and decided to get it of again. I also removed some of the what I thnk are Language packs like 'afrikaans'. Maybe it removed important binaries? (phone language set to dutch)

My dearest apologies for the broken English, I speak dutch, you don't!

I look forward to whoever fikses this problem...
    02-10-11 06:24 PM
    Try this, it worked for mine.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

Thank god for CB.
    02-10-11 06:28 PM
    You have a corrupt or badly loaded app. It's not bricked.
    Hopefully you backed it up before loading apps.
    A normal reload will fix error 602
    02-10-11 06:40 PM
    Has anyone found a solution for this? The internet seems to be full of people experiencing this, and the only solution is to reinstall the OS.....which (as mentioned before) is impossible if you CANT CONNECT to a computer.
    06-15-11 01:22 PM
    Any of you tried booting in safe mode?
    06-15-11 02:17 PM
    yes try rebooting in safe mode then delete the bad app . Take out the battery when after battery reinstalled at the first sight of the red led light push and hold down the back button all the way through the reboot
    Mekz91 likes this.
    06-15-11 02:46 PM
    Any of you tried booting in safe mode?
    How do u boot the bb curve 3 in safe mode pls?
    07-14-18 06:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD