Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Enterprise account removal

Hi there,

I bought the item from a Pawnbrokers that I work at. I got the item home and tried to set up my email account. It asked me for an enterprise account. I dont have one and I have no idea how to remove the option. Does anyone have any tips on how to remove it so I can put my normal email accounts on it.

Kind regards
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    619 Global Posts

Welcome to Crackberry.

You didn't list what model phone you have, but if you look in options, you should be able to find a security wipe. Run through the wipe and it should remove anything that was associated with a enterprise account.

You will lose any information you already entered on your phone when you wipe it. If you have anything (like contacts) you don't want to lose, download Desktop Manager from Blackberry.com and backup your phone first.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Hi there

Thank you for your welcome and your help.
    I have security wiped it previously. I have just done it again and have put in my googlemail details. It says it is 'Aquiring service connection' now but fails after a period of time. Any help again would be great.

Kind regards
    CrackBerry Abuser

Sounds like OP is seeing the enterprise option when setting up email, and only that option.

To OP, you need BlackBerry data plan (that is, BlackBerry data servicey. If you did buy the plan, then it hasn't been activated on your device or the service books haven't been pushed to you.

So, did you buy the plan? If not, contact your service provider.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by NetworkGuy View Post
    Welcome to Crackberry.

You didn't list what model phone you have, but if you look in options, you should be able to find a security wipe. Run through the wipe and it should remove anything that was associated with a enterprise account.

You will lose any information you already entered on your phone when you wipe it. If you have anything (like contacts) you don't want to lose, download Desktop Manager from Blackberry.com and backup your phone first.
    A security wipe will remove data and settings, but it will not remove an IT policy.

At any rate, it sounds like OP just doesn't have a BlackBerry data plan and is thus seeing only the interprise option in the email setup app.

If there is an IT policy, it can be removed. Just not with a security wipe.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Enterprise Removal

Hi

I have just purchased a Blackberry Torch 9800. After learning briefly how to use the handset I am finding I can not set up email accounts as it is using the enterprise system.

I am assuming this is because the handset once belonged to a business for business use, is there anyway to get rid of the Enterprise function to I can set my emails up?

Any help is appreciated.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    778 Global Posts

Use desktop manager and reset it to factory settings.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk