Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Encrypting Media Card? Whats Does It Do Basically?

Encrypting media card. i saw an option on my 9800 and i though it must be something about security. i checked it save d the setting and put on a password. went back to my images folders but iamges are still there i am still accessible to picture.
    now please some one tell me whts the fun of encrypting? what does it exactly do?
    Don't Ever Make A Girl Cry, God Counts Her Tears...!!!
    9800 powered by .749

Global Posts
    36,564 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

It prevents the card files from being viewed via mass storage. Great if you work for DoD and have sensitive information on there, bad if you don't need it protected that severely, and your phone ever takes a crap.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Zee - Cue Warrior °•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•° Born to ™ °•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•° BBOS Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadWulf View Post
    It prevents the card files from being viewed via mass storage. Great if you work for DoD and have sensitive information on there, bad if you don't need it protected that severely, and your phone ever takes a crap.
    Ohh.. Do you mean that these files won't be accessible when we connent our handheld to pc? In that way does it protect pictures and all that?
    9800 powered by .749

Global Posts
    36,564 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

About media card encryption
    Media card encryption is designed to protect the data that you store on the media card that is inserted in your BlackBerry® device. You can encrypt the files on your media card using an encryption key that your device generates for your media card, the device password, or both.

If you encrypt the files using an encryption key that your device generates for your media card, you can only access the files on your media card when the media card is inserted in your device. If you encrypt the files using the device password option, you can access the files on your media card in any device that you insert your media card into, as long as you know the password for the device.
    About media card encryption
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Zee - Cue Warrior °•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•° Born to ™ °•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•° BBOS Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    Thanked by 2:
    buttwaris (12-14-2012),  Shane8750 (12-14-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

thanks a lot buddy i got it
    9800 powered by .749
    CrackBerry User

Great information to know