Hi,
    I know this question was asked many times before but i didn't found any os6 related thread....

Is there any way how to disable that stupid EMERGENCY button on the lock screen when using the password??
    All of torch users know that the torch is getting unlocked in the pocket and I don't want to use apps like Pattern lock or whatever - I just want to use the native password lock.
    The problem is that button initiating the emergency call - sometimes the phone calls there from the pocket etc...
    I tried the Emergency call lock from the appstore but it seems not to work with os6.. :-(

Any idea how to get rid of that button or any other solution?

thanks
    01-19-11 03:07 AM
    as far as i know, for obvious reasons, it cannot be disabled. i work at a 911 PSAP and we get 911 misdials all the time, most are from work blackberrys.
    01-19-11 03:44 AM
    it sucks :-(
    I know its probably for some legal reasons but it should be not so exposed and easy to dial that it may cause a misdial to the emergency line...
    01-19-11 03:56 AM
    The Emergency feature is required to be hard flashed to all cell phones by Federal Law and cannot be tampered with. Even a cell with no service can make an Emergency Call. Yes, it's a PITA, but the system is supposed to be easy enough for a child to use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-11 04:16 AM
    the system is supposed to be easy enough for a child to use.
    For sure, my three-year-old is PRO at making emergency calls.
    04-01-12 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD