Hello,

My first blackberry was a Bold 9000 and I subsequently changed to a 9700 and now a 9800. However, this is the first time I'm coming across such a problem.

I'm on Singtel (Singapore), 6.0.0.526. Prior to .526, I had also tried to load up .534 but was experiencing the same problems. I have tried to wipe the phone with BBSAK before reloading the software.

I would be able to start up the phone and everything, but once I initialize the email setup, I would be prompted to upgrade to the latest version. I can't remember off the top of my head but I think the version ended with .1071 (I may very well be wrong here so correct me if I am). After downloading and installing the latest version, I will be prompted to restart the phone.

After restarting, when I proceed to start up the email setup, I am stuck at the "Initializing Application" page. The whole page is blank and I am unable to do anything. When I click the back button on the BB, it brings me back to "Checking for updates" and it just hangs and I am unable to exit the email setup application. I would need to restart the BB to do so.

I have tried everything I know that may resolve this issue but nothing has worked. I would appreciate any kind of help to steer me in the right path.

Thank you very much for all your help.

Regards,

Boywin Lee
    04-24-11 06:25 AM
    I would login via pc and forget the email setup on the phone. This is a new one for me, haven't heard of this problem before. Login setup your emails and send the service books to your phone. You will have to also change the pin associated with your BIS account.

BlackBerry Internet Service
    04-24-11 08:05 AM
    This is the first time I'm coming across this problem as well. I have tried to login via the BIS website for my service provider. However, it says that I can not access it via the HTML website and I should setup the email application via the email setup on my device.

Any other ideas? Thank you very much for your reply.

Regards,

Boywin
    04-24-11 11:39 AM
    Hi there,

Exactly the same here.
    This is the second torch I've had in a week as the first one's touch screen died after a day. The email did work on that handset though.

This handset just won't have it.
    I went back to the o2 shop and they tried 5 different phones with no luck.

I have tried to log in via my providers bis site but that doesn't work either.

The handset says it is running the lastest software (which was the same as on the phone that had the working email ).

All o2 could tell me was that it was a software bug and all I could do is wait for an update. However if this doesn't get sorted soon it's bye bye blackberry which would be a shame as I do really like it.

Hope someone can help me, thanks in advance.
    04-29-11 12:29 PM
    Hi, hope not too late for this post, i used to have same problem, after changing sim card, it stuck, I got it fixed by opening blackberry browser, go to mobile.blackberry.com, click on Email and then Integrate Mail, it ask me to Launch Mail setup, when i click, it shows device change, i confirm and reboot my blackberry and email setup works again. Hope it will help.
    fizwold, millusion and somombo like this.
    05-08-11 09:18 PM
    Hi there,

Solved at last, I can't tell you how happy this makes me!

Thanks very much for taking the time to post it's very much appreciated. I guess it's never too late to post the solution to an open thread.

The guy in the shop said he knew everything there was to know about blackberries. Guess he didn't.

Thanks once again.
    05-10-11 03:31 AM
    Hi there all, first post so please be gentle..

Have a blackberry torch on o2 uk. Whilst trying to setup the email on the phone and knocking it on for the first time, i was asked to update, did that, now ehen i try setting up my live email account i get the searching for updates then after a few mins it switches to the white screen with initializing application at the top and stays there and wont let me come out.

Have tried updating software to know avail, have tried re-installing email application setup software, again doesnt work. Have tried integrating email from the blackberry mobile website and it returns a HTTP - 500 error. Have tried creating a account on the BIS o2 setup both on the computer and on the torch's browser and get BIS account not accessable via HTML.

Any ideas, suggestions and step by step instuctions on how to get around this and get it working would be much appreciated?

thanks
    05-13-11 03:52 AM
    I am having the same problem, Rowly77 and it is making me crazy. I followed all of the steps that Juzz suggested and I got the same HTTP-500 error that you got. Any other ideas or instructions out there? Thanks!
    05-25-11 03:56 PM
    Many thanks to Juzz. I just got my phone and I'm frustrated over this problem. Moreover, my service provider is not helping me much at all. -_-'' Nonetheless, my thanks to you for posting such useful information.
    05-26-11 08:04 PM
    Hi, hope not too late for this post, i used to have same problem, after changing sim card, it stuck, I got it fixed by opening blackberry browser, go to mobile.blackberry.com, click on Email and then Integrate Mail, it ask me to Launch Mail setup, when i click, it shows device change, i confirm and reboot my blackberry and email setup works again. Hope it will help.
    I actually LOVE YOU for sharing this. I was at the end of my rope. I had a faulty 9780 which I'd sent off three times and gotten back still not working right. Anyway the company finally caved and gave me the Torch I was demanding instead and so I was thrilled to receive it and thought my woes were over. Then I ran into this problem and literally nearly tore my hair out! Now it's sorted thanks to your post - much appreciated. I've even emailed the info to the genius bar at the O2 store I went to today as they didn't know how to fix it for me, so now they will for the next person!
    05-29-11 02:31 PM
    Tried this but only got a server exception so did'nt work for me.

Mark
    05-29-11 03:23 PM
    i have the same situation...
    01-26-13 02:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD