I just switched over to the 9800 from a 9700. After running the switch device wizard on my computer, I wasn't getting email forwarded to my new device, so from my email icon on my 9800 I selected menu>options>email account management. It asked me to activate my email by confirming my password for the email I have been using on my past devices. Even though I am 100% certain the password I enter is correct, it tells me it is not.

I have tried changing my email password and that doesn't work. I am using a .edu email powered by google.

Thanks!!
    06-02-11 07:40 PM
    You might want to try to re-send service books. Try a battery pull, Register the device on the network. Also i have noticed when i switch a device it can take about 30 minutes for email to fully integrate.
    06-03-11 11:48 AM
    You also need to do a device switch in your BIS account... Try accessing it from the website on your PC, and not through the email setup app on the device. Make sure your new device's PIN is registered in your exsisting BIS account.

Once this is done, from the BIS site, choose the 'help' link and then press 'send service books' (as IAmSixNine suggested)

You might also want to re-register the device's Host Routing Table...

Once you recive the HRT activation message, and the email account activation (service books) do a battery pull...

Let us know how it goes..

This is all assuming that you are using the same carrier/sim card...

If you have moved to a new carrier, then you need to create a new BIS account (might by why it's not accepting your password) through that carrier's log-in page. Once you do that from the BIS site, then follow the steps above, and you will have to add your email address as a new one, on that new BIS account...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-11 12:28 PM
    I tried to log on to BIS from my pc but it won't let me create an account. After i input my device PIN and IMEI it says my account is not accessible via HTML browser and I should access it through my device, but when I try it on my device, it also says the same thing.
    06-06-11 09:50 PM
    If you are able to sign in to the email set up app on your device, use that log-in info... It prpbablly will not let you set up an acct, as u have one already

06-06-11 10:05 PM
    I'm not able to. If I go into an AT&T Store would they be able to resend my service books?
    I was able to re-register the host routing table, but after that and a battery pull, I'm still having problems.
    06-06-11 11:30 PM
    Don't goto the store. Call them, they should be able to

06-06-11 11:58 PM
    So no one has found out to fix this problem because i've been on the phone with rim and tmobile and no one can figure out how to get my email to my phone.

I've had a milllion service books sent.

I'm registered with tmobile.

Rims says im registered yet im not getting any email.

BIS says im not registered.

I give up i guess i'll never get my emails.
    08-10-11 09:10 AM
    I have a email issue too, when I go to BB app I cant even download "Gmail" it doesn't even pop on my BB, but my friend's BBM is there. I have to go to the internet & type "Gmail.com" & check my email, when I go to email internet setup it Bring me back to the "internet setup" it just flashes when I click in it. Doesn't go thro! WTF?!
    09-16-12 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD