Working just fine for me on BES too. I'm the BES admin and we're on the full version (not express). The version number eludes me at the moment but I know it's 4. something

I did have a weird issue with the unlock passcode though. My old PIN was three letters and a number, it would never work properly for me on the touch screen keyboard but always worked on the physical. I even went into notes several times to make sure I was typing the exact same thing with both keyboards but no go. When i switched to an all letters PIN it started working
    08-18-10 11:11 AM
    As others have said, this is pretty specific to you own company's BES and what version of the software they are running. Another factor is third party application your company is running like the RSA software. I would let them get it working before you order. To other people who are worried it won't set up at your company it's like comparing apples to hand grenades. Consult your IT department if you are worried, but this letter some guy at another company got has nothing to do with you getting a Torch to work. Mine set up no problem. Also keep in mind that some companies will say this so that they can get he IT support staff ahead of the game before setting Joe Finance free on a brand new device.
    08-18-10 12:20 PM
    Thanks smfa1965!
    08-18-10 06:22 PM
    Sounds like a lot of F.U.D. Activated fine on our BES 5.0 SP1 server. Emails, contacts, and calendar sync fine, and our security policy (which enforces passwords and encryption) hasn't been an issue. Oh, and I'm the BES admin for my company.
    08-18-10 07:06 PM
    The issues that have surfaced to date with the Torch concern activation, passcodes, synchronizing contacts, and compatibility with the RSA SecurID application.

RSA, aka the security division of EMC, last week acknowledged that the BB Torch (9800), with RIM OS 6.0.0.141, is not compatible with the RSA SecurID token-emulation app widely used on other Blackberry phones. An unexpected conflict affects versions 3.0.x and 3.5.0 of the RSA application. As others here have noted, users are able to import tokens but are unable to generate a SecurID "passcode."

RSA's SecurID product manager Phil Darringer told an EMC Labs forum (https://community.emc.com/message/494562) that RSA is developing a new version (v 3.5.1) of the RSA SecurID application to address changes in RIM's OS 6.

Darringer said that RSA is pushing to release v 3.5.1 of the SecurID app as a hotfix by mid-September, but that hotfix will be fully tested and QA qualified only for the Blackberry Torch running RIM OS 6.0.0.141.

"RSA will need additional time to qualify 3.5.1 on all the RIM OS versions that are currently supported by version 3.5.0," he explained. "Once RSA has completed this second phase of qualification, 3.5.1 will replace 3.5.0 on the RSA website as the currently shipping version."

RSA said it had not yet developed a schedule for the release of the fully-qualified v 3.5.1 code for other RIM OS versions. (For a complete list of the RIM OS versions now supported by version 3.5.0 of the SecurID app, see: RIM BlackBerry OS Supported Versions )

Version 3.5.1 of the RSA SecurID app will support a migration from either RSA's version 3.0.x or version 3.5.0 to the newest SecurID code, added Darringer, but RSA has no plans to upgrade the older SecurID app, version 3.0.x, to support Blackberry OS 6.

_Vin
    08-24-10 07:34 PM
    Wow, that's great news to hear about the pending RSA release. Thanks for the news and can't wait!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 08:52 PM
    just approved at my company 5,000 + people
    08-24-10 09:08 PM
    We also activated some here on our BES 5.0 Server. No problems to mention.
    08-30-10 11:57 AM
    FYI:

Hotfix for RSA SecurID for TORCH only.

https://community.emc.com/thread/110468

Download Link FROM Blackberry Torch:

http://rsa.com/torchhotfix

Enjoy.
    09-29-10 07:32 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD