Problem - After a security wipe, whenever I go into the email application and tap on Options, nothing comes up. Ideally it should bring up "Messages option" windows with customization items like Inbox categorization etc.

Troubleshooting steps-
    *I have BB Torch on OS 6 bundle 695
    *I use Vodafone BIS and company BES
    *I did security wipe before getting my handset repaired
    *After the security wipe, when I restored my BES company email via Laptop sync of Desktop software the yahoo and gmail stopped working.
    *I was able to resolve problems regarding yahoo and gmail by reentering info in BIS and resending service books.
    *However, after restoring my BES I noticed that I can't get options screen to open up. I am referring to screen which can be accessed from Desktop email-> BB menu button-> Options-> Messages options with personalization options like Inbox categorization, Hide Filed Messages etc.
    *Another interesting point I noticed that every time I restored by BES via BB Desktop software, it would bring in a my old settings like homescreen sorting etc.
    *I have tried everything I could think of, security wipe few times, cleaned up BB Desktop software before restoring BES but no luck.

I still can't get email option screen to come up. My emails work perfectly though!

Any ideas? Has anyone faced this before?
    06-06-11 03:51 AM
    You can't restore your enterprise account settings thru Desktop Sync. You don't list reactivating your BES in your list of steps you've taken. If you haven't done that, that's at least part of the problem. To reactivate your BES, you'll need to contact your BES admin and get him to issue you a one-time activation password. Then go to Options / Advanced Options / Enterprise Activation to reactivate your account on the enterprise.
    06-06-11 06:54 AM
    When I first got my Torch, the admin folks told me the same thing that I need to have BES activated on my new phone separately. Although, I believe since I already had an activated BES account, I was able to deploy BES on my new phone using the Desktop software with outlook of work laptop.

The BES works, I can receive and send emails, sync contacts, calendars, tasks... everything! Just not the options screen of Email.

Coincidently, my BIS email accounts under the Internet Mail Account option screen don't give the options screen either. I have to log on to Vodafone's BIS site for config changes. Here too, emails work just fine.

In fact, after security wipe when I finished the BES restore, it also brings back my home screen folder structure!

As of now, I can't get into options screen of my email apps. What am I missing?

I didn't have any of these issues before security wipe.
    06-06-11 08:31 AM
    What you are missing is that you haven't properly activated your BES. Until you've done that, it's pointless to try anything else. If you still have problems after properly activating your account, post again.
    06-06-11 08:37 AM
    In my case, the IT folks won't let me use a personal device for BES and this is where transfer option in BB Desktop software came handy. Using this option I was able to transfer my BES account from office given cheap BB to my lovely Torch

I have recently migrated from an Android device and had iPhone 3G before that... although I am new to BB but not new to device troubleshooting.

I couldn't resolve the message option screen, and I see one more person posted a similar note. Just upgraded to 6.0.0.570 using Swiss knife and that seems to have resolved the problem.
    06-07-11 02:22 PM
    I think I understand now. You are not using the Torch on BES. I'm not familiar with your mode of operation. I'm glad you were able to resolve it on your own.
    06-07-11 03:28 PM
    Daer Sir,
    please assist, i cant see SEND in options after typing a mail in my torch 9810.

thanks
    02-03-13 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD