When the email's red cross "Message not sent" appears does the Torch 9800 automatically try resending periodically or should I "Resend" manually?
    07-02-12 10:53 PM
    Resend manually.
    07-02-12 11:07 PM
    Yep, you will need to resend it, Have you been having this red cross issue lately?
    07-02-12 11:26 PM
    OK, thanks, you both agree I should "Resend" - which is what I have been doing since getting the torch a year ago. Coverage is patchy round here! The trouble is I did that a couple of days ago, needed four goes at a "Resend" before I got a tick. Then I got a comment from the recipient that "it must have been urgent since I received four copies". Perhaps my question should have been, 'Does "Resend" keep trying after a failure and a red cross?' Or maybe there has been a recent change in this area?
    07-03-12 09:39 AM
    As far as I know, the Torch does not resend. The red X denotes a delivery failure but you can't really tell how far it got before the failure.

Sounds like this got far enough to remain in a queue that retried automatically and now had 4 copies.
    07-03-12 10:27 AM
    Thanks again.

Sounds like I am basically screwed. I don't think there is anyway of asking for a receive receipt. So when I get a red cross - around 1 in 3 emails - there is no way to know whether to resend or not except if it is important just keep resending until I get a tick and risk giving the recipient multiple copies.
    07-03-12 10:52 AM
    You can check the box under email options, in preferences, to get a delivery receipt. It will add a small D inside the checkbox. Just bear in mind that not all mail systems support this and typically it can be turned off at the recepient.
    07-03-12 11:29 AM
    Ok, thanks again. I was looking in the wrong place - obviously. I appreciate the limitations of resend. However If I do get a receipt - fine, and if not and I send multiples, I can say - turn receipts on!
    Petermat
    07-03-12 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD