Ive had this issue for a few weeks now. I got to setup or delete a new email account and when I go to select the "email account" icon, nothing happens, I can set up BBM, etc, but the Email setting will not let me do anything. I have tried a battery pull, and resetting to a previous backup via desktop manager. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    09-24-11 08:07 AM
    resend your service book, call your carrier and use the search.
    09-24-11 09:46 AM
    Ive had this issue for a few weeks now. I got to setup or delete a new email account and when I go to select the "email account" icon, nothing happens, I can set up BBM, etc, but the Email setting will not let me do anything. I have tried a battery pull, and resetting to a previous backup via desktop manager. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    it's not att but the app/program (email setup application 6.11.0419.0755). the current version was released earlier this year and has just not worked. there are reports of frustration everywhere. you can manage your email accounts at www.att.blackberry.com.
    09-24-11 11:39 AM
    In Mexico blackberry has an official twitter help acount. I had the same problem with the mail app so I asked them and they send me a link to downloaded the new mail app and everything is fine now
    09-25-11 01:45 AM
    Does anyone know a work around to set up yahoo mail on my Torch. I had to do a wipe and reload and when I go to the email setup option, there isn't one for personal and when I try to use the one given, I put in my email address and password it tells me that there is a problem activating the address.
    09-27-11 04:43 PM
    I had the same problem after updating to OS v6.0.0.600. I ended up wiping the phone and reloading v6.0.0.600 again and it started working. Worth a try
    09-27-11 08:08 PM
    Does anyone know a work around to set up yahoo mail on my Torch. I had to do a wipe and reload and when I go to the email setup option, there isn't one for personal and when I try to use the one given, I put in my email address and password it tells me that there is a problem activating the address.
    The easiest would be to call customer service from a phone other than your BB and they can make sure it is set up on their end also. I had some yahoo email problems and they were able to correct it on their end.
    09-29-11 02:56 AM
    im having this same issue now for over 2 months now and nothing is working....happened to me when I unlocked my phone and switched sim cards!! Anyone...help...PLZZZZ
    10-25-11 01:54 PM
    In Mexico blackberry has an official twitter help acount. I had the same problem with the mail app so I asked them and they send me a link to downloaded the new mail app and everything is fine now
    You mind sharing the link or is it top secret??
    10-26-11 10:07 AM
    My issue is when I reply to an email on my 9800 it seems to bounce as I get my You've Got Mail announcment and then the email that I thought was sent has a red X next to it. I pull that email up and hit Resend and it usually goes. Sometimes I have to hit Resend a time or two.
    10-28-11 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD