My Torch had a previous owner and their signature is still popping up in txts etc.. (Even though I am using it on T-mobile and they weren't) How do I go about editing the signature and where do I find this option?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 11:46 PM
    This might help.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ackberry-4980/

talks about signatures. I have AT&T and I use Yahoo as my ISP so I just put in my own signature. It's under Email Account Management in your Email messages settings.
    09-09-10 12:09 AM
    in txt messages or email? sounds like auto text. you could just do a security wipe to clear everything out or you can look through all the auto text definitions. there is no sig for sms by default...

what are you typing when it pops up so to speak?
    09-09-10 12:11 AM
    This might help.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ackberry-4980/

talks about signatures. I have AT&T and I use Yahoo as my ISP so I just put in my own signature. It's under Email Account Management in your Email messages settings.

I would hope he is not using the previous owners BIS account and that only works for email, not SMS.
    09-09-10 12:16 AM
    in txt messages or email? sounds like auto text. you could just do a security wipe to clear everything out or you can look through all the auto text definitions. there is no sig for sms by default...

what are you typing when it pops up so to speak?
    Ok well what I'm talking about is what name appears when I send a txt: if I send it to Jeff of course it says Jeff, but My name appears as the previous owners.. How do I fix that?

09-09-10 12:21 AM
    But exactly where is the name appearing? At the top of the thread? Go to Text Message > BB Menu > Options > Display Name. What is there?
    09-09-10 12:48 AM
    Beautiful! I was so busy looking somewhere else I miss the obvious smhl thanks again~

09-09-10 08:30 AM
    .. you SHould just do a security wipe to clear everything out..
    I would strongly recommend wiping any phone that you buy/inherit from a previous owner. Only takes a few minutes, and can save tons of headaches down the road.
    09-09-10 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD