I'm interested in getting some kind of ebook reader on my Torch. Seems like a confusing proposition being that there are many formats of books out there, ie: epub, pdf, txt, rtf, mobi etc....Not sure where to start. Any suggestions would be welcomed.
    02-05-11 04:17 PM
    I'm interested in getting some kind of ebook reader on my Torch. Seems like a confusing proposition being that there are many formats of books out there, ie: epub, pdf, txt, rtf, mobi etc....Not sure where to start. Any suggestions would be welcomed.
    I use the amazon kindle app works well for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-11 04:37 PM
    Both Amazon and Barnes & Noble have apps for BB. The Kindle app is available at http://www.amazon.com/kindlebb?t=cra...bUvbUpU6026436
    02-05-11 04:42 PM
    I personally use the kindle app, and it works great.
    02-05-11 04:47 PM
    I use the B&N Nook - it too works great! I know as far as the Nook itself, it allows you to read many different file types and even ebooks from libraries. The last I knew Kindles wouldn't allow this (you could only use Kindle files through Amazon).

02-05-11 06:00 PM
    I use the B&N Nook - it too works great! I know as far as the Nook itself, it allows you to read many different file types and even ebooks from libraries. The last I knew Kindles wouldn't allow this (you could only use Kindle files through Amazon).

The Kindle has support for ebooks in Amazon's format, as well as MOBI, PRC, and TXT formats. Doesn't support the Mobi format, but there are free programs that convert Mobi books into other common formats. I use both my Kindle and the BB apps to read books from Amazon-it's easy to sync your page location from one device to another.
    02-05-11 06:11 PM
    Wattpad and Mobipocket reader also work well on the Torch.
    02-05-11 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD