Hey sal have you watched that new video fir the 9670 the clam shell phone any info on the front screen in the video it says the front screen when closed maybe a touchscreen in k now thus thread is about the 9800 just wondering if you've heard somthing
    06-09-10 03:18 PM
    Hey sal have you watched that new video fir the 9670 the clam shell phone any info on the front screen in the video it says the front screen when closed maybe a touchscreen in k now thus thread is about the 9800 just wondering if you've heard somthing
    The software on both phones has a bunch of empty screens in them and with a lot of GENERAL info. I'm sure it won't be a touchscreen though. Its only the "unfinished" OS version they are running on it.
    06-09-10 05:07 PM
    Now, if only some RIM dude would leave a 9800 on a barstool next to Sal....

06-09-10 08:42 PM
    Now, if only some RIM dude would leave a 9800 on a barstool next to Sal....

We don't need any trouble for Sal...
    06-09-10 08:49 PM
    We don't need any trouble for Sal...
    Heh... like Sal would actually post real details like that other poor unfortunate
    guy.
    06-09-10 08:51 PM
    sal - haev you seen the other video where the person actually uses youtube and the browser? do you know if in that video the person was using the same build as the china guy (.23?)

sorry for all the questions, but i figure we can get some deductive reasoning in here to see where things stood, how, and at what point in the build process
    In that video of the guy using the browser and youtube, he is simply using the touch version of the youtube mobile website... Does anyone know if the 9800 will have a native app or just the shortcut to the touch version of the youtube mobile website (the same one you get when using iphone/ipod touch, etc...}???
    06-09-10 09:17 PM
    IF it's coming to CDMA it won't be for a while we have seen no evidence of a CDMA version yet, although there ARE rumors and it does make sense.

EDIT: There is ALSO rumor of Sprint getting the slider exclusive on the CDMA side while Verizon gets a clamshell exclusive. EVERYTHING IS JUST RUMOR AND SPECULATION AT THIS POINT!!!!!!!!
    I realize most of the discussions here are pure speculation. My concern surrounds the possible 9800 (CDMA) and Storm 3 (world phone). Speculation alert: If the 9800 does come in a CDMA version at any point this year, and the Storm 3 launches on Verizon towards the end of the year... then it seems, to me at least, that Verizon would not get the 9800 slider CDMA version and the Storm 3 during the same season, if at all. I mean, I find it very very hard to believe that Verizon would ever get The Clam, The Slider, and The Storm 3 all before years end. I mean, I would be stoked if it happened, but it won't happen.

What do you guys think?
    06-09-10 09:22 PM
    Quick question that I haven't seen answered yet.
    Does the touch screen work when the keyboard is visible?

Does the trackpad work when the keyboard is hidden?

Thanks
    After seeing the latest video of the Clamshell, I think on the 9800 SLIDER having the ability to scroll through home screens and other things using the trackpad will bridge the gap for many BB users that are wary of a touchscreen since they will now have the choice to scroll around using the touchscreen or the trackpad...
    06-09-10 09:27 PM
    Sal, how long does it take for OS6 to boot up after battery pull?
    Last edited by japhule; 06-10-10 at 12:30 AM.
    06-09-10 10:56 PM
    im just wondering which version of all these is the newest, take a look at these 3 links and look at the homescreen icons (they are different for like contacts and messages)

BlackBerry OS 6.0 screenshots, details! � Boy Genius Report

vs.

to be honest, i hope its the leak put up to boygenius, it looks like has nicer icons!
    06-10-10 12:01 AM
    Heh... like Sal would actually post real details like that other poor unfortunate
    guy.
    Do you mean like Gizmodo's thing about posting the guys name and stuff like that!?
    06-10-10 12:25 AM
    In that video of the guy using the browser and youtube, he is simply using the touch version of the youtube mobile website... Does anyone know if the 9800 will have a native app or just the shortcut to the touch version of the youtube mobile website (the same one you get when using iphone/ipod touch, etc...}???
    Yes sir, there is a new youtube app on the phones
    06-10-10 12:26 AM
    I realize most of the discussions here are pure speculation. My concern surrounds the possible 9800 (CDMA) and Storm 3 (world phone). Speculation alert: If the 9800 does come in a CDMA version at any point this year, and the Storm 3 launches on Verizon towards the end of the year... then it seems, to me at least, that Verizon would not get the 9800 slider CDMA version and the Storm 3 during the same season, if at all. I mean, I find it very very hard to believe that Verizon would ever get The Clam, The Slider, and The Storm 3 all before years end. I mean, I would be stoked if it happened, but it won't happen.

What do you guys think?
    Releases (aprox)

Clam - October
    Storm 3 - March
    Slider - End of summer next year.
    06-10-10 12:28 AM
    After seeing the latest video of the Clamshell, I think on the 9800 SLIDER having the ability to scroll through home screens and other things using the trackpad will bridge the gap for many BB users that are wary of a touchscreen since they will now have the choice to scroll around using the touchscreen or the trackpad...
    That's correct. You can scroll through home screens with either the screen by touching it or with the trackpad.
    06-10-10 12:32 AM
    Sal, how long does it take for OS6 to boot up after battery pull?
    20 to 30 seconds
    06-10-10 12:32 AM
    Releases (aprox)

Clam - October
    Storm 3 - March
    So the slider is coming out in 2011??? Is that a typo or a bad joke? If thats for real then all hope is seriously loss on RIM. Too many phones coming out within a years time. Also it would be a lot of time for hype to die down...
    Last edited by BerryGuy25; 06-10-10 at 02:03 AM.
    06-10-10 02:01 AM
    So the slider is coming out in 2011??? Is that a typo or a bad joke? If that for real then all hope is seriously loss on RIM. Too many phones coming out within a years time.
    I'm talking about the CDMA version of the slider here. all of the above are CDMA phones.
    06-10-10 02:03 AM
    I'm talking about the CDMA version of the slider here. all of the above are CDMA phones.
    Oh my bad. So the gsm slider is this year then? July/August maybe?
    06-10-10 02:08 AM
    Oh my bad. So the gsm slider is this year then? July/August maybe?
    I'll go against everything that has been said, but I'd say the end of September to Mid October for the GSM slider.
    06-10-10 02:10 AM
    Releases (aprox)

Clam - October
    Storm 3 - March
    Sal,

Would you expect the CDMA slider to be LTE since it will arriving next year after the release of the Storm 3?
    06-10-10 07:07 AM
    ugh hers to hoping sals off a little bit on the slider release date for CDMA... begining of next year would be better.. for me anyways
    06-10-10 08:02 AM
    Here's a question .... What's the onboard memory? Like the bold 9000 had 1gb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 09:19 AM
    Do you mean like Gizmodo's thing about posting the guys name and stuff like that!?
    Heh, the Gizmodo guy didn't get his house raided for posting the guy's name...
    Last edited by TequilaAddict; 06-10-10 at 09:34 AM.
    06-10-10 09:31 AM
    I'm with Sal in the time frame predictions, except hopeful the S3 will drop a little sooner, BUT worried that we have not seen anything of it yet, which lends credibility to Sal's dates guesstimates
    06-10-10 09:43 AM
    Here's a question .... What's the onboard memory? Like the bold 9000 had 1gb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Almost 4GB:

Should be nice to use in conjunction with a 16GB SD card.
    06-10-10 09:53 AM
1,689 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD