It's been a few days I have my Torch, I am really enjoying it but I just noticed under the sunlight that there is tiny dusts under the screen. I was to tolerate the standard wobble of the screen but this I will not tolerate. It's a Mexico 5, I suggest everyone check theirs under sunlight as well as its only noticeable under it.

I will be returning my phone back to rogers and opt to get a galaxy S captivate instead. Sorry RIM, but your build quality has gone down.

I never had a problem with my old bold 9000 but this is ridiculous, I feel like I bought a PSP at launch.
    11-07-10 12:33 PM
    Pic please. Cauae I just don't see this happening.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-10 01:59 PM
    lol that would be a little tough to execute sunlight + tiny dust on photo.

Anyways I called Rogers, and processed return. Too bad really, I enjoyed my Torch, but the build quality needs to improve if I consider going back to BB when Torch 2 launches.
    11-07-10 02:06 PM
    i hate when that happens!
    11-07-10 02:07 PM
    Most capacitive phones are vulnerable to this. It's the nature of having a screen with two layers. The best way to protect against this is to avoid putting your phone in your pocket unprotected by a case or sleave.

11-07-10 04:47 PM
    Had my phone since day one, no dust under my screen...use a case some times in my pocket other times so....not sure here.
    11-07-10 05:07 PM
    Had about 5 under my screen before I sold it. Annoyed me for the first few days but doesn't matter now. The first one really bothered me but. Few more I didn't actually pay attention. Shouldn't happen anyways.
    11-07-10 05:29 PM
    Most capacitive phones are vulnerable to this. It's the nature of having a screen with two layers. The best way to protect against this is to avoid putting your phone in your pocket unprotected by a case or sleave.

Not the Galaxy S as I read the S-AMOLED is layered differently & you wont get dust under the screen. There are 3 bonded layers, 1 the led screen, 2 the capacative layer (ultra thin) 3, the window which is gorilla glass.

I cant believe this highly performing phone is actually much cheaper than the Torch. Bang for your buck, hardware wise Galaxy S is a better deal... but I will miss BB qwerty and push light
    11-07-10 10:51 PM
    I fixed it myself, opened the screen and cleaned out those particles. Too much hassle sending the phone back and forth. Do it yourself!

Go get a samsung. We dont need picky people clogging RIM's servers.
    11-08-10 02:00 PM
    My Mexico 5 build has been virtually flawless (no pun intended). No dust. No slider problems. Nothing but a great device. And I always put mine in my pocket although I just ordered a sleeve to protect it in there.

Good luck to op with his Samsung. That is a fine device as well. So long dude!
    11-08-10 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD