I hope that this does not seem like a trivial post, and maybe there are others out there in my same situation, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a good way to remove dust particles from under the screen? It appears as though the dust is getting in from the ear piece. I know that this is a frequent problem with touch-screen phones, as my old iPhone used to get it as well. Loving this phone, just hating that there are dust particles. Any help would be appreciated.
    09-16-10 08:45 AM
    I have a piece of dust right above the call button, doesn't bother me much so I don't think it comes from the earpiece. I think it comes from the manufacturing process to be honest.
    09-16-10 10:28 AM
    Mine came from the earpiece. You can see it drifting down the screen. This is so pissing me off. It drives me nuts to see the dust there. This unit is barely a month old.

I already tried a vacum. Didn't work. Any other ideas? Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-10 10:34 AM
    I remember how bad the Razr was for dust under the screen.. I hope the Torch doesn't end up looking like those.
    09-16-10 12:12 PM
    For the vacuum, does it need to be a special high-end brand with fancy attachments? Is there any other way to remove it without having to take it back and get a new Torch, or completely disassemble?
    09-16-10 03:20 PM
    I use a tooth brush on everything, then I use that cool ORECK handheld and suckulate the whole phone. Not to be mistaken as an air compressor. Never blow air into any electronic device.
    Can you please explain how exactly you use the oreck, have no idea what "suckulate" means!
    09-16-10 06:18 PM
    ORECK vacuum cleaner. Suck the dirt out of the phone. Google it. Works like a champ.
    Where do you place the vaccum, on the earphone slot or do you work around the whole phone?
    09-17-10 05:39 AM
    Can someone say "Storm 2010"!
    09-17-10 06:01 AM
    Can someone say "Storm 2010"!
    can someone say "YOUR A ***"
    09-17-10 08:04 AM
    oreck hey? I will have to look that up. no offence but some people are anal about the most minor things like this for example

yes its a pain but it happens to the best of devices that don't state that its dust proof.
    09-17-10 08:21 AM
    Did you ever find out how to do this on the web? Did it work?

I can not believe this dust under the screen. Thanks.

09-20-10 04:36 PM
    yeah, could someone please explain how exactly to use the vacuum method?

thanks!
    10-09-10 05:44 PM
    Gee, I don't know... Could this "opening" be the earpiece? The area behind the slider when it's open? Underneath the slider in front? No need to flame... Just asking for a clarification. Thanks.

Put the hose where the opening is, turn on the vacuum, suck the dust out, turn off the vacuum, put the vacuum back in the closet. You know, like vacuuming your phone.

How can this be hard to understand?

10-10-10 11:41 AM
    I'm haviong the same issue currently... Maybe I'll give this a try tho it might be hard considering my dust is in the top left corner of the screen and at this moment its only a couple particles... And I can only see it when the device is locked(blacked out screen)... Haven't had to deal with this since my 83xx days... Argh! Maybe a warranty exchange is in order. Anyone else got any ideas on how to get it old?
    a

10-18-10 10:48 AM
    Just fixed it myself.
    I noticed dust and particles and such blocking stuff so I opened the screen up peeling it from the earpiece and now when I touch the screen the touch is about 4 cm off calibration.
    Its worth it because there is no more dust. Just gotta get used to the 4 cm...
    Anyone want a torch for $300?
    10-25-10 10:06 AM
    Hat
    Just fixed it myself.
    I noticed dust and particles and such blocking stuff so I opened the screen up peeling it from the earpiece and now when I touch the screen the touch is about 4 cm off calibration.
    Its worth it because there is no more dust. Just gotta get used to the 4 cm...
    Anyone want a torch for $300?
    Wow! Some actually fixed it by not using the vacum method. I tried the vacuum and it did not work.

Can you describe in more detail how you removed the screen?
    What are the chances of damage?
    Pictures?

Thanks in advance.

10-25-10 12:45 PM
    Hat

Wow! Some actually fixed it by not using the vacum method. I tried the vacuum and it did not work.

Can you describe in more detail how you removed the screen?
    What are the chances of damage?
    Pictures?

Thanks in advance.

I was kidding about the calibration. It works great. I looked up a video on youtube how to disassemble the TORCH and it was easy. Just go to:
    Minute 5:55 and see how it is done. I then blew into the screen area and also stuck a cloth in to get the stubborn particle. Then pressed hard to reattach the screen.
    The calibration was off when it was put back so I did a battery pull and all is well.
    Vaccum did not work for me and mine is very strong.
    Good luck
    10-25-10 01:31 PM
    It seems like a lot of the Torch users have this "dust" problem ...
    10-25-10 01:32 PM
    Yes, but "will it blend"?
    10-25-10 03:15 PM
    I was kidding about the calibration. It works great. I looked up a video on youtube how to disassemble the TORCH and it was easy. Just go to:
    Minute 5:55 and see how it is done. I then blew into the screen area and also stuck a cloth in to get the stubborn particle. Then pressed hard to reattach the screen.
    The calibration was off when it was put back so I did a battery pull and all is well.
    Vaccum did not work for me and mine is very strong.
    Good luck
    Brava27,

Thanks so much for posting the link and explaination of what you did. I have used the vacum to no avail and your post got mine fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It worked just like posted, but I'm a little concerned that the double sided tape will hold. Did you notice any difference after removing? Did you replace the adhesive at all or just press hard as mentioned above?

Thanks so much! Have a great week.
    10-25-10 09:33 PM
    Well I have already screwed up the buttons (call, menu, escape, end) so I thought I would fix this myself.
    The glue has stuck fine after lifting it up. So we shall see.
    So far its holding.
    Dust is gone!
    10-25-10 09:40 PM
    Did you have go through the entire process of dissassembling it or can u just go straight to removing the screen from the start?
    10-25-10 09:48 PM
    Just peel the screen off working your way along the top right side then along the right side slowly. Blow inside and get the dust out and press back to where the screen was.
    Peel the screen off where the earpiece is. Just like in the video at 5:55
    10-25-10 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD