I just pulled my Torch from the holster and saw some dust in the upper left corner. I first thought it was on the screen, but then I wiped it and it was still there. I have a screen protector and I almost thought it was under there, but I don't have any bubbles.

I've had it since launch. Has anyone else noticed dust creeping in under the screen? If so were you able to get rid of it? And how can I try to clean it? I don't know if I'm comfortable with taking it apart.

Any suggestions would be great.
    01-07-11 03:04 PM
    I have some dust under my screen as well. It happens with all of my electronics, so now I have come to accept it. Did you do any running with the Torch in your pocket?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-11 04:09 PM
    Hahaha, me run?! J/k. No this was while I was at work. I'm an IT field tech, I was checking an email when i noticed it.

One of the many things I loved about my 9000 was the screen never got dusty, scratched, or dirty.
    01-07-11 08:54 PM
    I have a huge dust collection right in the center from blowing it out w/ compressed air, and the dust swirled I guess and all landed in the center. It sucks but be come to be able to ignore it to some degree, but it still pisses me off. I believe the digitizer (glass screen) has to be taken off to clean under it. Apparently it is held on by really strong double sided tape (that really thin clear stuff) around the perimeter of the digitizer. I don't have the guts to try to pry it off just yet, being that its glass.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-11 11:16 PM
    If you have a shop vac or a decently strong vacuum. Place the hose by the ear piece, this cleaned out a majority of the dust from under my screen. This is my recommendation.

However please do this at your own risk
    01-08-11 12:11 AM
    Hahaha, me run?! J/k. No this was while I was at work. I'm an IT field tech, I was checking an email when i noticed it.

One of the many things I loved about my 9000 was the screen never got dusty, scratched, or dirty.
    When I was doing field service on PC's, printers, copiers, and the like, I used a 3M SV-497AJM Electronic Service Vacuum. They have good suction and work well with small devices and components. The attachments are smaller than a standard shop vac and work great. If you can get access to one of those, I'd go after the dust through the earpiece and try to blow it out through the back with the cover off, battery out, and with the slider up as well.
    Last edited by cwmont; 01-08-11 at 12:57 AM.
    01-08-11 12:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD