Hi everyone...

I have had a BlackBerry Torch 9800 since September and have had several problems with it. The most recent is that I get a lot of dropped calls and calls just mute on their own. I have no idea what to do. I have the latest software installed, I have done a clean reload, I have removed most of my applications. I am getting the runaround from AT&T Warranty Service and am about ready to trash the phone and get something else.

Has anyone else experienced this? And if so, what can I do?

Thanks

Melissa
    12-25-10 04:23 PM
    Do you have a screen protector installed by any chance? Tried switching to 2G for a comparison?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-10 05:53 PM
    What kind of screen protector are you referring to? I have one covering the screen.. but I don't know what could be causing the dropped calls.
    12-25-10 06:28 PM
    Yes it can be IF the proximity sensor is not shutting down the screen while in a call. Usually the "privacy" type protectors that are thicker or are reflective vs than other protectors. It would also explain calls being muted.

Last edited by shansmi; 12-25-10 at 08:23 PM.
    12-25-10 06:55 PM
    Check out an app called pattern lock. It will lock your screen during phone call amongst other things on your Torch. Superstore
    here is the link for it in the crackberry app store

12-25-10 07:45 PM
    Try the screen protector or on the ATT side you may need to replace your sim card it sounds like the comon issue of the SIM going bad.
    12-25-10 11:06 PM
    Thanks everyone! I will try all of your suggestions..

Melissa
    12-26-10 04:44 PM
    Thanks everyone! I will try all of your suggestions..

Melissa
    Have you tried using our headphone when your on a call? try it first so that at least it will give you an idea whether if its the screen protector issue cuases the proximity sensor to not to work.
    12-26-10 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD