Hi all,

I have a 6 month old Torch (with a 6 month old new Next G sim) and recently (last week or so) have begun to experience some severe call dropping and muting going on.

Today has been worse than usual. i made a phone call to a friend that went fine. Then a friend called me and the phone dropped the call 4 times, before i call her home phone (thinking her mobile was stuffed) only to have the call drop and instead of no noise, it had a static-crackle type noise, called her home phone back and the call went fine.

Next I called my Mum, on the same network, using a Blue tick (Telstra rural coverage) phone and the call muted on my end 3 times. I can hear her, but she can't hear me.

The issue happened once before and i thought I'd resolved it, but apparantly it was just laying dormant until the moment I absolutely needed my phone to work properly.

I'm new to BB, and despite searching around I haven't found anything that could help.

So I'm wondering what the issue could be. Right now I think I'm going to buy the Wildfire S on Thursday so that I can send my BB in for repairs...do you think that will solve the issue? Or will they say it's fine and should I not bother?
    08-22-11 04:46 AM
    Hey there,

I work for Telstra as an in store tech. If your having issues hearing calls, it could be a speaker issue, in which case the phone will be replaced under warranty. The phone will need to be sent away, but a loaner should be issued. If you head into the store on the corner of Swanston and Bourke, and if they have the stock, they may (I stress may) be able to swap that day for you.

There is also an issue where some port in from Optus don't allow full contact back to the Optus network.

I would recommend making an appointment with one of the Tech Bars (https://telstra.com.au/telstra-store/tech-bar/index.cfm) to get the instore Tech to look at it.

You can PM me here if you need more info.

(The opinions expressed here are my own and don't represent that of Telstra)
    08-22-11 06:52 AM
    Thankyou. I might pop in to the one at Highpoint on Thursday night.

I just had another hour long phone call with a friend on Vodafone. No worries. My other friend has a dodgy phone I found out and it often drops calls.
    My parents also txted to say they were out bush so coverage was weak.

These are the only people I have had issues calling, so maybe it is not me at this point?

Will still look into it though. Thankyou!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    08-22-11 07:42 AM
    That's definately sounding like issues outside of your phone. Doesn't hurt to have it looked at though.
    08-22-11 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD