hi, so after struggling for 6 hours i joined crackberry for help. i have a BIS enabled sim card, i used it on my bold9700 with no problem. i sold the bold and got a torch second hand, but now when i click SETUP/email accounts the only option it gives me is to enter details for enterprise activation.(tab reads enterprice activation and there is a space to type in email address and password) no option to activate a BIS account(i used gmail on my bold with no problem)

*i have tried deleting it policies by using crackutil.(this seemed to work, device wiped and reset itself, but how can i be sure?)

*and ive done a complete device wipe using bbsak, and reinstalled a downloaded version of os6

please can someone help me?
    05-08-11 03:07 PM
    i just checked my brothers phone, when u click on setup email it gives u two options, one is to set up a internet mail account and the other is enterprise account. by bb jumts straight to the enterprise account set up menu without giving me the option of setting up a internet mail account
    05-08-11 03:13 PM
    Did you clear the IT policy from the registry on your PC?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/remo...y-phone-81401/
    05-08-11 03:17 PM
    Go into Options-Security-Security Status Information. Does it have a name of an IT policy there?
    05-08-11 03:20 PM
    #i couldnt find any it policy stuff in my pc registry.so i guess i dont have it
    #when i go on my phone to security status information it says services: *no services*

thank u so much for the quick replies

can we now confirm its cos of an it policy or is there another problem?
    Last edited by primitiveanarchists; 05-08-11 at 03:46 PM.
    05-08-11 03:30 PM
    Sounds like your device is not active on the BIS plan.
    05-08-11 03:57 PM
    could be something like that yes, how can i fix this??
    05-08-11 04:05 PM
    Well, you need to contact your carrier.

Sometimes, BIS is tied to a specific PIN. If you swap SIMs around, your carrier needs to change the PIN. An option would be to log onto your account and see if you can change it yourself.

My T-Mobile account is like this.
    05-08-11 04:23 PM
    i had 2 bb bold 9700's before this and i didnt have to do it when i swapped from them. whenever i put my sim in a new bb i always got a msg saying "ur device has been registered with the mtn network" but its not happening on this phone
    05-08-11 04:39 PM
    i had 2 bb bold 9700's before this and i didnt have to do it when i swapped from them. whenever i put my sim in a new bb i always got a msg saying "ur device has been registered with the mtn network" but its not happening on this phone
    Dod you try logghing into your BIS account and entering the torch's pin? You might have to push the latest service books to the new device, before it will work properly?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-11 05:36 PM
    Dod you try logghing into your BIS account and entering the torch's pin? You might have to push the latest service books to the new device, before it will work properly?

sorry if this is a noob question, but how do i do this? where do i find my blackberry bis account on the net? is there any way of getting service books any other way?
    05-09-11 12:06 AM
    okay!! it does seem to only be a service book error after googeling the subject, now my only problem is mtn.blackberry.com wont let me log in, it gives an error when i enter my new device's pin and imei. so i need another way of getting the service books? any help? u guys rock btw!!! i was thinking of selling the phone but u gave me hope!!
    05-09-11 12:14 AM
    After spending about 30mins on the phone with my service provider they say they have no idea what's going on, cos the imei and pin is not working. Their system doesn't want to accept it. And it might be a software problem? Obviously they don't klno as much as u guys. So I'm counting on u for help!

05-09-11 01:56 AM
    At this point I'm starting to wonder whether the device was once reported stolen and is now blocked?????
    05-09-11 02:31 AM
    I'm starting 2 fear that 2! After more searchin I've fond a lot of other members with the same issue. The problem is that the host routing table is empty. If I click register it says msg send but I don't ever receive anything. I fear the pin is locked on RIM's side or something like that. This is strange as calls, sms,internet everything works. But just the email and bbm doesn't. I don't believe there is a solution 2 this problem as all the other threads just ran dry

05-09-11 04:00 AM
    When I switched from my Bold 9700 to the Torch, I was required to swap out the SIM card. I am also on BES.
    05-09-11 05:36 AM
    I'm starting 2 fear that 2! After more searchin I've fond a lot of other members with the same issue. The problem is that the host routing table is empty. If I click register it says msg send but I don't ever receive anything. I fear the pin is locked on RIM's side or something like that. This is strange as calls, sms,internet everything works. But just the email and bbm doesn't. I don't believe there is a solution 2 this problem as all the other threads just ran dry

Where did you get the torch. If the pin is still on the previous owner's bis account, they you won't activate. The easiest way is to contact the owner. Have them call their carrier to release the PIN from their BIS account, so you can put it on yours...

05-09-11 06:02 AM
    thank u for all ur help!!! i contacted the owner, i yhink he knew about the problem cos he didnt mind swapping the phone for a bold 3. so im happy, i have a working bb again! now to find someone to swop me the bold 3 for a torch :P .. . cheers guys!!
    GoranL likes this.
    05-09-11 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD