Before I got my Torch, I could type Alt-S in the Messages app (message list screen) to jump to the SMS inbox. This no longer works on the Torch, even though the on-device help docs seem to say otherwise. Oddly enough, the undocumented Alt-M (for MMS) shortcut still works. Does the Alt-S shortcut work for you? I'm using OS version 6.0.0.246.

Thanks.
    10-23-10 03:06 PM
    hmmm, I never new about this shortcut.

I just tested it on my torch and it works.
    Went to the SMS inbox for me.
    10-23-10 03:25 PM
    you have to enable shortcuts on the torch.
    10-23-10 03:37 PM
    Didn't know this existed before. But, it works for me!
    10-23-10 03:47 PM
    Thanks for responding, everyone. For those of you for whom the shortcut works fine, are you running OS version .246 too? On .246, only the Alt-M (MMS) and Alt-O (Outgoing) shortcuts work for me. This is for the Messages app. I know about enabling keyboard shortcuts for the browser and the home screen, but I don't see an equivalent option for the Messages app.
    10-23-10 08:30 PM
    Alt-S works for me. Did you look if the 'S' key was still associated to the SMS message search? To check it, from the message list, hit the menu key and select Search by, then Advanced. Hit the menu key again and select Recall. Beside SMS Message, you should see a '(s)'. That's the key associated to the saved search.

For those not knowing about this, you can assign any key on the keyboard to a saved search criteria. You simply press Alt-{key} to activate that search while in the message list. Very handy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-10 07:19 AM
    Alt-S works for me. Did you look if the 'S' key was still associated to the SMS message search? To check it, from the message list, hit the menu key and select Search by, then Advanced. Hit the menu key again and select Recall. Beside SMS Message, you should see a '(s)'. That's the key associated to the saved search.

For those not knowing about this, you can assign any key on the keyboard to a saved search criteria. You simply press Alt-{key} to activate that search while in the message list. Very handy.
    Thanks! The BlackBerry continues to surprise me with its tricks. I didn't know about the saved search feature. I checked the saved searches, and the Alt-S shortcut was indeeded assigned to the SMS search. I reassigned it to Alt-Z and back to Alt-S, and now the shortcut works! I suspect there might be a bug here related to device migration, but now I know what to do. There are other non-functioning shortcuts (e.g., Alt-V for voice mail) here that I will need to reset in the same manner.
    10-24-10 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD