When I make a phone call and the other person answers this is what happens to me.

1. Other person picks up
    2. I push the back arrow to exit to the home screen
    3. If i am in the home screen for about 10 seconds and go back to the call screen, the trackpad will not move between the speaker / hold / mute etc. button.
    I have to actually touch the screen to access those settings.

Try it out let me know what you come up with.
    03-26-11 04:34 PM
    Just actually tried it to see if it did that seeing as I normally never exit the call screen while in a call.

No matter how long I stay on the homescreen(or go elsewhere), then back to the call screen the touchpad works just fine.

Out of curiosity what version of the OS are you running?
    03-26-11 04:57 PM
    ^ You mean trackpad? and version 6.0 bundle 695
    03-26-11 05:01 PM
    Just actually tried it to see if it did that seeing as I normally never exit the call screen while in a call.

No matter how long I stay on the homescreen(or go elsewhere), then back to the call screen the touchpad works just fine.

Out of curiosity what version of the OS are you running?

Funny thing is it only happens when I do those steps. If I stay on the call screen the trackpad switches between options fine.
    03-26-11 05:03 PM
    Touchpad, trackpad, whatever you want to call it, no idea why i typed out touchpad though. :s

Yes I did exactly as you described and mine does not do that. Trackpad works just fine wether I go back to the homescreen or anywhere else on the phone then back to the call screen.

Your OS version is the 6.0.0.XXX number is what I'm looking for.
    03-26-11 05:06 PM
    Touchpad, trackpad, whatever you want to call it, no idea why i typed out touchpad though. :s

Yes I did exactly as you described and mine does not do that. Trackpad works just fine wether I go back to the homescreen or anywhere else on the phone then back to the call screen.

Your OS version is the 6.0.0.XXX number is what I'm looking for.
    6.0.0.246 is my version
    03-26-11 05:10 PM
    You might want to consider upgrading to one of the other "official" releases, or the newest leak of .486. I can't say I remember anyone reporting that as a problem but seeing as I'm currently running .486 and don't have that issue, it might have been an unreported bug no one really noticed.
    03-26-11 05:15 PM
    When I checked for updates on my phone screen nothing came up, it said my device was up to date? My mac has been scanning for device updates for about 5 mins nothing yet.
    03-26-11 05:18 PM
    It keep saying my blackberry is up to date on two computers.
    03-26-11 05:29 PM
    I don't think leaks can be installed on macs, never seen one packaged for it.

Either way, the only way to install a leak is to download the OS files instalation, install it on the computer, then use desktop manager or apploader to install it on the blackberry. But seeing as leaks only come packaged as .exe, you won't be able to install it on a mac.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by gbsn; 03-26-11 at 05:37 PM.
    03-26-11 05:34 PM
    I don't wait to install a leak but is my official version old?
    03-26-11 05:37 PM
    Kinda, .486 is a much higher and later version than .246 with many more bug fixes.

Leaks are identical to their official version btw.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by gbsn; 03-26-11 at 05:42 PM.
    03-26-11 05:39 PM
    Just got back from exchanging. Does the same thing oh well over it. LOL thanks for your help
    03-26-11 06:37 PM
    You can get 448 here from UK3. It is on official RIM OS upgrade even though your carrier may only say the the .246 is up to date (like AT&T does to me). I use the info below to upgrade to .448 and it is a wonderful OS.

I did skip step 5 and the upgrade downloaded with no issues. DO NOT use your BB Desktop Manager to do the upgrade because it seem to be tied in with your carrier, saying your phone is up to date.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...FA661ED1244039

2. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry.

3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."

5. use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup)
    then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed)

6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot. (I just rebooted)

7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.

enjoy the new OS.
    luvbuglady likes this.
    03-26-11 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD