I picked up 2 Torchs on the weekend in Buffalo at an AT&T store for $599.99 USD (I'm from Waterloo, Ont!)

It's a bit ridiculous that we have to drive down to Buffalo and beg and plead to get these phones when they are literally made down the street from us, however that is another story.

Anyway, I'm running the .141 OS and I have two problems.

1) The "noise" in the ear when making a call, kinda of like a re-verb or whatever that everyone has.

But more importantly

2) When I finish a call, 75% of the time, the dock completely disappears. Well, at least all of the icon's do. It's like the dock is there, but no icons are in it. you can 'swipe up' and it looks like the dock is loaded, but empty. Here are screen shots.

Anyone else have this?

After Call

After "Swipe up"

The only way to get the icon's back seems to be to click on your unread message bar at the top, open a few emails then go back, and even sometimes that doesn't work. Battery pull fixes it.
    08-17-10 08:38 AM
    I could be wrong, but could it be the theme you're running? That theme was not loaded on the phone when you purchased it, was it? I know with my past blackberries, I've had problems due to themes.

Regarding the noise:
    I haven't had the noise problem, but some people have. I have read in the forums that after they upgraded the device's OS to 6.0.0.161, the sound went away. Ofcourse, only upgrade if you want to and just know that the OS is not an "official release" and you upgrade at your own risk. I am currently running the OS and I have not had any problems thus far.
    Last edited by jr5417; 08-17-10 at 09:13 AM.
    08-17-10 09:09 AM
    it's the standard AT&T theme, i just changed the background picture.
    08-17-10 09:13 AM
    I'd try running the new OS and see if it fixes the issue. You can always "downgrade" the OS and return the device.

And I'm assuming you're using Rogers as your carrier?
    Last edited by jr5417; 08-17-10 at 09:53 AM.
    08-17-10 09:49 AM
    yes Rogers..

There's no returns on purchased units :S
    08-17-10 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD