i remember when i got my first storm, Horrible, it was amazing how much software updates made that phone fun.

do you think we will see this with the torch as well? i love mine, can be a tad laggy, but i am betting with OS leaks, it will be a thing of the past. i mean OS6 JUST came out..
    08-31-10 01:03 PM
    Yep. I believe it will. I have noticed after about wk or so of owning Torch the touch started lagging just a tad. I hadn't done a battery pull since owning it n decided to do one. Made a huge difference in speed with the touch! But like any other bb I'm sure the updates will continue to smooth things out!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-10 01:10 PM
    I agree. My bold 9700 is running the best it ever has since the latest OS.

Battery life and speed are the best!

08-31-10 01:12 PM
    My 9700 was wonderfully flawless. :-D I only did upgrades when our carrier came out with them. It got better with age.

08-31-10 01:31 PM
    i remember when i got my first storm, Horrible, it was amazing how much software updates made that phone fun.

do you think we will see this with the torch as well? i love mine, can be a tad laggy, but i am betting with OS leaks, it will be a thing of the past. i mean OS6 JUST came out..
    I don't think it will.

I know it will.

If you compare my 9000 the day I bought it, on OS 4.6.0.167 (I think that was the AT&T release version) to now at 5.0.0.681...it's night and day. A good phone became GREAT.

RIM will do more with the Torch if you ask me. It has more potential.
    08-31-10 01:35 PM
    Its just going to come down to how long it takes for them to come out with updates, unofficial or official ones. Especially when you take Rogers... they take forever to release anything. I'm still waiting for an official OS5 for my phone... (unless it came out and i missed it!)
    08-31-10 01:56 PM
    No, I think the Torch will become more buggy, slower and will require more battery pulls a day with newer software updates.....

/s
    08-31-10 02:00 PM
    No, I think the Torch will become more buggy, slower and will require more battery pulls a day with newer software updates.....

/s
    why do you say that? cause you cant afford one??
    08-31-10 02:02 PM
    why do you say that? cause you cant afford one??
    Uh....I guess you don't understand '/s'

Either way, I meant that it was a ridiculous question to ask. Why would things get worse?
    08-31-10 02:06 PM
    He was being a smart youknowwhat!
    08-31-10 02:21 PM
    100% Yes! I cant think of any BB that hasn't improved through the OS update process.
    08-31-10 02:51 PM
    Yes and hopefully an official one will be out soon.
    08-31-10 08:40 PM
    I don't think it will.

I know it will.

If you compare my 9000 the day I bought it, on OS 4.6.0.167 (I think that was the AT&T release version) to now at 5.0.0.681...it's night and day. A good phone became GREAT.

+1 on the 9000 experience..
    comparing the 4.6 and the 5.0.681, for me was like having a new phone..
    08-31-10 09:17 PM
    I don't think it will.

I know it will.

+1 on the 9000.

+1 on inevitable improvements to Torch and OS6.
    08-31-10 09:19 PM
    Think the Storm 2 is the exception to this rule.
    Can't say I'm unhappy, but the last batch of OS' have not exactly been a step forward.

Not a good idea to buy a device your not satisfied with at the time with the hope that future OS' will make it right...
    08-31-10 09:26 PM
    Updates are designed to improve. Even the Storm2 improved when it was upgraded. Perhaps not to his satisfaction, nut I can assure some aspect of the phone was improved.

Having said that I have to kind of agree with the sarcastic kid above.
    08-31-10 09:50 PM
    Sorry wasnt calling anyone a "nut". Was supposed to be "but"
    08-31-10 09:51 PM
    Sorry wasnt calling anyone a "nut". Was supposed to be "but"
    Soooo...we're "but[t]s" not "nuts"?
    08-31-10 09:54 PM
    /me nods in agreement with jeffreii and fellow agreers.

08-31-10 11:17 PM
    It will definately get better from here. Sure, they may break a few little things in the process of FIXING bigger things, but in the end it will definately be much better.
    09-01-10 12:38 AM
    yeah i love this thing so far..
    09-01-10 07:35 AM
    RIM will have to update the OS to fix some pretty obvious bugs. I guarantee most will get fixed. I can't guarantee how soon so I traded mine in, but I'll be back when I get on here and everyone's talking about the bugs being fixed. It will happen.
    09-01-10 10:43 AM
    I am hoping that OS6 speed will improve most... I am underwhelmed by the processor of the Torch, given that it's now all shiny and transparent-y and swipe-y... all of those graphical shenanigans require a pretty robust processor... so I hope that RIM in their "keep device COGs (cost of goods) low" wisdom will further enhance the performance of the OS.
    09-01-10 11:08 AM
    It will get better im cant with for the themes and hybrids to really start going with os 6
    09-01-10 12:27 PM
    To be honest as launches go, the 9800 and OS6 didn't do so badly given it's a new devices and sort-of-new OS.

I think in technical terms the launch was pretty smooth, it was just in sales and PR it didn't fare well.

I wouldn't be concerned about some of the stuff but I suspect there will always be some laggyness with the device running different apps given the extra requirements the new OS place on it and the older tech. I suspect the worst offenders like slow wake up will be cured though.
    09-01-10 12:38 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD