Does anybody know how to disable the the auto sync whenever I plug my Torch in and launch DM 6.0? I don't need/want it to sync everytime.
    09-18-10 10:40 AM
    Open DM6 with your 9800 connected - then hit the DEVICE menu at the top left. Click "Device Options..."

There you will see "When I connect my device:" there are settings there like "Backup my device:"

You can uncheck that or change the frequency.
    09-18-10 12:51 PM
    Yeah its unchecked but it is still requesting a sync every time I connect my phone
    09-18-10 01:05 PM
    Ok I think I learned something here. It seems as though mine is also doing the organizer/media/date and time sync every time I open DM. It seems as though the option to "backup my device" daily, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly is only for backups. It's not trying to backup my device except if it hasn't been done in a week.

If you have "organizer data", "media files" and/or date & time checked, it will do those every time you open DM. If you don't want it, you have to uncheck them...but unfortunately it doesn't look like you can have them just do it once a week or something.
    09-18-10 03:32 PM
    My Torch will not connect with FM6 at all. I uninstalled and reinstalled DM
    6 to see if I could get it to work, but it will not recognize that my Torch is connected at all.

Help! What do I try now?

Thanks.

Peace...
    09-25-10 05:47 PM
    6 to see if I could get it to work, but it will not recognize that my Torch is connected at all.

Help! What do I try now?
    Does windows recognize the device and give you access to the 4gb on board memory and microSD?
    If it doesn't recognize the phone try another usb port and cord (if you have access to one).
    If none of that works then your phones usb port is likely broken/defective.
    09-25-10 07:04 PM

Help! What do I try now?

Thanks.

Peace...
    Are either the internal 4GB or your microSD card showing up in "My Computer" as a drive?

If not, are you pressing "USB Drive" when you plug it into the computer?
    09-26-10 10:59 AM
    Thanks for your help everyone, but it's a problem with the USB port on my CPU. I'll just have to sync my Torch with my laptop instead of my desktop.

Again...thanks for your help.

Peace...
    09-26-10 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD