After using the phone for 2 months, I've decided that this isnt the phone for me.....but as Im getting ready to sell off this 9800 on Ebay, I was wondering how many of you out there have switched to another blackberry or phone after being disappointed with the 9800....

Any thoughts would be worth discussing....

Bite!
    01-04-11 12:12 PM
    some switch to 9780
    01-04-11 12:16 PM
    That's where I'm headed!
    01-04-11 12:18 PM
    Switched to MyTouch
    01-04-11 12:27 PM
    Still have the Torch, great device, but went to 9000 for a variety of reasons.
    01-04-11 12:34 PM
    Some people just cant get used to either sliding out the keyboard or how flat the keyboard is, or the touch screen. They eventually realize they don't like the slider and return to the candy bar form of a traditional BB(the 9780). The 9780 offers fully functioning OS6 in a traditional BB form.

Although in my personal opinion, you don't get full the full OS6 experience with a non touch screen device. I just think OS6 was designed for a touch screen.
    01-04-11 12:35 PM
    Think the keyboard is better than the 9650/9630 and 8530/8330 personally.
    01-04-11 12:37 PM
    I love the Torch 9800!! I really really like the touchscreen and the solid keyboard option...I am not sure why people don't like the touchscreen/keyboard option.

I have no plans to change devices and I am really happy with my choice. Way to go RIM!
    01-04-11 12:50 PM
    like anything, you can't make everyone happy.
    01-04-11 12:56 PM
    Got my Torch on launch day. I switched from the bold 9000 and have not been disappointed. Love the Torch!!
    01-04-11 01:01 PM
    I don't have plans to change my torch, I like the BB OS than any other OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-11 01:06 PM
    I've used an HTC Desire, Samsung Fascinate and even an iPhone 4 (that last one was just to say I had, I can't stand iOS on a phone) for a few months before and after the Torch's release date. I always keep coming back to the Torch with the occasional switch to a 9700 for kicks, but I've never kept an Android for longer than a week or so.
    01-04-11 02:01 PM
    Although in my personal opinion, you don't get full the full OS6 experience with a non touch screen device. I just think OS6 was designed for a touch screen.
    I don't know where that theory came from, that OS 6 was designed for Touch phones....I enjoy OS 6 on my 9780 more....The trackpad on the 9780 is better....notice...on the 9800, it is a bit raised (elevated), on the 9780, 9700, Curve 8520, it is flat, being flat makes it smoother.

Example: When I had my Torch, the trackpad was fine, but sometimes the motion tends to be slow or not respond while swiping.....wiping my finger then trying again would resolve the problem. I don't have swetty hands or anything but I don't kno, I guess that slight elevation makes it response not as smooth as the Bold / Curve series. With the 9700 / 9780 I had, no matter what state of dryness / dampness my finger was, it would always scroll smoothly with no glitches.

Maybe I had a bad unit, maybe unit, just one of the negative facgtors that made me ditch the 9800 at the time.

But the 9800 is a very respectable BB with its awesome screen, 512 MB of memory, and 5 MP camera! Just saying that iwas not my cup of tea
    01-04-11 02:09 PM
    "I am not sure why people don't like the touchscreen/keyboard option."

People have different personalities. Some find that change, though uncomfortable at first, is fairly easily adapted to and becomes the new "comfort zone. Others find change to be really disconcerting. A change in keyboard style after getting used to or comfortable with another style, for some people is almost impossible. If they are used to a candy bar style then the slider style won't fall into their realm of adjustment.

Me, I like the excitement of change, though it is not always and easy thing to go through. For me, changing from a Candy Bar style to a slider was quite easy.
    Last edited by newcollector; 01-04-11 at 02:14 PM.
    01-04-11 02:12 PM
    Got my torch yesterday...turned it on and made a call...it was great...! what else does it do...???
    01-04-11 03:48 PM
    Downlad the manual to your desktop, and play around with personalizing you new 'phone. Then start searching these forums for answers.

Welcome aboard!
    01-04-11 04:05 PM
    I switched tothe captivate. My reasons are for the multimedia capabilities but that is where it ends. My torch did everything better and as soon as RIM develops a device that caters a bit more to my priorities I will switch back:-)

01-04-11 05:23 PM
    I'm keeping my Torch....I love it! I will not give it uo until att has a better BB
    01-04-11 07:26 PM
    I think I'm with Kevin, when he said that he doesn't think he will be able to use a non-touch screen BB, after using the Torch. I have a feeling I'll share that problem. I really enjoy my Torch. And considering I hate Android with a passion, don't really want an iPhone (my MacBook is enough), and anything else is mediocre, I'm happy to never switch, even to another BB model.

01-05-11 06:00 AM
    I don't know but I would never get rid of my my torch ...I just simply love the form factor and the behavior of the phone...

01-05-11 07:14 AM
    Got my Torch on launch day. I switched from the bold 9000 and have not been disappointed. Love the Torch!!
    same here!
    01-05-11 01:04 PM
    Wanting to be 'nice' and politically correct, I've frequently said it wasn't for me.

The reason for that is that it is poorly engineered. Most typical functions, email, send/view a text, make a call, etc., required 3 or 4 actions to get there, plus another couple to 'undo' the accidental inputs. It was so annoying, I felt like throwing it thru a window.

There's a BIG X (delete) button carefully placed beside the most used keys and trackpad that will delete contacts at the drop of hat. (or thumb)

No, it wasn't for me. I'm a real BB user, multiple email accounts, high volume text messaging and emails....about 50/day. I need something that I can quickly and easily use (with 1 hand), hold while shifting gears, etc.

Switched to 3G Curve. Instant relief
    01-05-11 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD