Hi all,

I started having display problems a while ago when using the slider and trackpad. When the slider is closed, the display is normal and everything is just fine. When I slide the display upwards to reveal the keyboard, everything is OK until i use the keyboard or trackpad. Then the image is misaligned, the colors are all mixed up and there is garbage on the screen when i use the trackpad or type. When I slide the display downwards, everything returns to normal.

I have tried disconnecting and cleaning the display flat cable connector, wiping, hard/soft resets and flashing a few firmwares, all to no avail.

I would really appreciate any thoughts or advice on the matter.

Cheers,
    Hogar
    Last edited by Hogar; 07-27-12 at 01:46 AM.
    07-26-12 04:59 AM
    Sounds like a bad flex cable
    07-27-12 04:42 AM
    Sliders are more complexed then a regular Blackberry, i think you should take it to a repair store.
    07-29-12 12:00 AM
    Thanks for looking guys, my thoughts exactly.

I was wondering though, is there any way to make the phone unaware that the display was slid up? To be more precise, I want to slide the display up, but the phone should still think it is down, for me to be able to use the keyboard. Since everything works fine when the display is closed, the image is fine when display is slid up until I press or touch anything. If i slide it up and down without touching or pressing, I have no issues whatsoever.

Cheers,
    Hogar
    07-30-12 04:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD