Does anyone have this problem? While on a call, my cheek will touch my screen on my Torch and hang it up. Is there a way to disable the touch screen during a call. I love my Torch, but that's the only problem I have with it.
    11-20-10 04:35 AM
    Try the TalkLock app. It's a couple of bucks but works great on my Torch. When you make or get a call, the app "locks" the screen so that you cannot accidentally touch anything. You can unlock the app during the call by swiping your finger on the slide that is shown on the screen. The background is customizable. This worked so well that I turned around and bought the SwipeLock app from the same company as not only does it have the features of the TalkLock app, it works as a lock app. This was good given the sensitivity of the lock button on the Torch.
    11-20-10 04:44 AM
    http://nannaboat.ath.cx/storm/ota/184/ScreenLock.jad
    Try that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-10 04:49 AM
    The screen should go black when you place the device to your ear rendering the touchscreen inoperable. You can test this by calling a number you know someone wont pickup(like your home phone), place your finger over the entire top of the device where the speaker is. If the screen does not go black, you either have a screen protector blocking the sensor or a defective device.

Seems there has been a lot of these types of post lately, and it is most always a screen protector at the heart of the issue.
    anon(1440669) likes this.
    11-20-10 07:12 AM
    Screenlock from Nannanboat works like a charm

11-20-10 08:18 AM
    You guys all fail to realize that you don't need to lock down the screen if the proximity sensor is working correctly. Screen should be locked down when put to your ear by default.
    11-20-10 08:20 AM
    +1 on the screen protector creating sensor interference. If you don't have a screen protector and the screen does not go off when the phone is up to you ear, then there is a problem with the phone.
    The sensor is to the right of the LED. You can't see it on the black 9800's but you can on the white.
    Last edited by pmccartney; 11-20-10 at 08:56 AM. Reason: pic
    11-20-10 08:52 AM
    is the screenlock from nannonboat free?
    11-20-10 07:48 PM
    is the screenlock from nannonboat free?
    Yes it is.
    11-20-10 08:28 PM
    Neat function. Don't know it was there until today

- Charles

11-21-10 01:08 AM
    +1 on the proximity sensor. As some have explained in other posts; it works similar to a proximity toilet sensor. It senses your face coming up to and away from the phone. If you have a screen protector which covers the sensor (even if it's clear) it will mess up the operation of the sensor. Simply make a small notch next where the sensor is and you should be good to go.

Note: on the black models; if you place a call while looking at your phone, you should see the small red light on the top of the phone.
    11-21-10 09:53 AM
    If you have a screen protector which covers the sensor (even if it's clear) it will mess up the operation of the sensor. Simply make a small notch next where the sensor is and you should be good to go.
    Not true for all. I have a StealthGuard screen protector on my 9800 and the
    proximity sensor works perfectly without me having made ANY modifications
    or notches to it.
    11-21-10 10:08 AM
    I'm not sure that anyone is still following this thread but I am shocked that no one has posted this. My Torch dims during calls (as do they all if working properly) because of the proximity sensor. It dims the screen so that you don't hit buttons during a call (great feature). However, does anyone find that if you make a call using a speed dial AND your ring profile is set to a tone and not vibe or silent, the screen will not dim during a call. If the profile is set to vibe or silent, it works fine. I have tried this on several Torch phones and they all do the same thing. I have been searching heavily for a solution to this and have been unsuccessful. Any thoughts?
    04-03-11 10:24 AM
    Try that.

Awesome! Thank you, thank you and thank you . Works perfectly and its FREE!!!!!

04-03-11 01:14 PM
    The phone should dim on its own. Mine always does. @JVboy I have never had that problem. I'm thinking some may have glitches.
    04-03-11 03:00 PM
    Same as above, no matter what my sound profile is and whether I use speed dials or not, when I put the phone to my face the screen blacks out.
    04-03-11 03:33 PM
    Not true for all. I have a StealthGuard screen protector on my 9800 and the
    proximity sensor works perfectly without me having made ANY modifications
    or notches to it.
    ditto... mine works just fine with a screen protector on it.
    04-03-11 03:55 PM
    [QUOTE=JVboy;6187359] However, does anyone find that if you make a call using a speed dial AND your ring profile is set to a tone and not vibe or silent, the screen will not dim during a call.QUOTE]

I found this not to be true...
    04-03-11 11:10 PM
    Try that.

Sorry for being a bit stupid, but how do I download this on my bb?

I have searched for the app on the BB app world and I could not find it! :-(
    04-04-11 08:43 AM
    I have not tried the above app, but you could probably navigate to the above link from your Torch, or email the link to yourself, and it should auto-install.
    Typa likes this.
    04-04-11 08:47 AM
    Managed to download the app onto my phone but now cant find the icon and dont know how to use it!

I am probably being dumb... but again.. any help appreciated! :-)
    04-04-11 09:32 AM
    Does anyone have the correct link to the free nannaboat app?

I tried the link on page 1 but it doesnt work.
    04-04-11 04:36 PM
    Managed to download the app onto my phone but now cant find the icon and dont know how to use it!

I am probably being dumb... but again.. any help appreciated! :-)
    There is no icon make a phone call and u will find your screen will black out and you cant do anything.

One bad point I found with this app was when I am on the phone with my bank I cant press the keys to select what service I want, key pad didnt work either.
    04-04-11 05:25 PM
    @ JVboy
    I noticed the Exact samething aswell with 2 diff OS

04-04-11 05:51 PM
    Does anyone have the correct link to the free nannaboat app?

I tried the link on page 1 but it doesnt work.
    04-04-11 07:17 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD