Is there a way to disable the N Adapter in the torch?
    02-07-11 07:17 PM
    You generally disable N on the router, not per device.
    02-07-11 07:23 PM
    Yeah I know that, but it then gives me **** speeds on other wireless devices. When connected to the wireless it makes all wireless connections drop out, which I have been reading is to be caused by the N adapter in the torch being a pile of wank
    02-07-11 07:28 PM
    No problem with using other devices when my torch is connected to my router. Maybe the problem is your router? What type of router is it? Have you updated the firm ware?
    02-07-11 07:38 PM
    No problem with using other devices when my torch is connected to my router. Maybe the problem is your router? What type of router is it? Have you updated the firm ware?
    BT HomeHub 2 and it is the latest firmware.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-11 07:52 PM
    I have no troubles running my Torch off N bands from my router and all wireless and wired connections stay active.

Most likely problem is your router
    02-07-11 08:17 PM
    I don't have any problems with my Torch shareing a connection with the other devices in the house. I also think its your router

02-07-11 11:54 PM
    You may need to check into the more advanced router settings. I have a D-Link router and we were having certain devices drop off (one PC and an iPhone) while others (Torch, Wii) were fine. Turned out there was some obscure setting that some devices prefer to have turned off within the router. No problems since.

As said, I'm not aware of a way to force the Torch to G speed or such.
    02-08-11 11:24 AM
    Rossy

I have same router and similar problem, my torch logon to router fine if i use the secure connection and does not seem to affect anything else.

However when i try it using btfon it rarely cinnects and never i a straight forward way. if i disable "n" it connects to btfon fine, now I don't want to ahve to go knocking doors in a strange area ask are they the btfon sig and would they mind turning their router N speed off, so like you I want to know if you can disable it in the handset but no one has said a definite yes or no
    09-22-11 08:24 PM
    Find a program that will display the wireless networks in your area (can't remember the name to save my life) and you may discover every numbnut in town is using the same 2 or 3 channels. Choose a channel on your router that is between everyone else. Less BS from overlapping networks, see what I'm say'in?

09-22-11 08:33 PM
    there is only one other bt hub near me and it not on fon (ie has not joined),, so it isn't that is it.
    09-22-11 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD