I updated to .246 last night and my phone's performance has improved greatly. Thank you to the Crackberry Nation for all the information that was provided on .246, you all help me to make this decision. I installed DM to my pc and backup my phone prior to updating to .246. Once the update was completed I noticed that all of my apps had to be re-intialize, so I went back to DM to restore my blackberry app settings. I did not do a full restore, just my alerts, some app settings, and some alarms thinking that this will set all my settings back to norma. It did not. I have to go into each app and set them up all over again. Especially berrybuzz (which i have gotten addicted to lol), i had all my led alerts and colors set, now i have to find the activation code for the program and set them again. Even my banking, and car enthusiast sites have to be setup with 'username' and 'password' again. Did i do something wrong in DM, have i overlooked an option or is this normal?
    10-19-10 01:44 PM
    Yes. Your first mistake was buying a blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-10 01:48 PM
    Yes. Your first mistake was buying a blackberry.

OK I was going for a more technical answer, not your opinion.
    10-19-10 01:50 PM
    This always needs to be done when you update the OS. For some odd reason these settings do not get backed up.

10-19-10 02:07 PM
    Third party apps hallways have to be reinitialized. If you had done a complete backup the settings might have stayed(some of mine do, some don't... I have no idea why), and you wont have needed to reset them up.

10-19-10 02:13 PM
    Whenever you update your OS you have to re-activate all apps.
    In order to speed up the process, I sent myself an e-mail (that I saved) with all of my 3rd party activation codes listed. So I just copy and paste each actvation code when re-activating the apps. (Or you can get the activation codes from your Mobihand account.)
    But it sometimes takes longer to re-activate all of your apps (if you have a lot of them), then it does to upgrade the OS.
    10-19-10 02:15 PM
    If you buy apps from ShopCB, you can log into your account and get the codes.
    10-19-10 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD