Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Device locked-- password digits not showing

Ok, so I either have the 9810 or the 9800, I am not sure (I just know it's white and I loved it until about 20 minutes ago and I got it last January/Dec).

I received an alert from Facebook indicating a message or something, and I went to log into my phone and the stars for my password are not showing (as in, I got to enter the passcode and no digits are showing). I have now tried 5 times, turned the phone off/on and it still won't show the digits. If I press "enter" it says Incorrect Password! I have also tried not sliding the cover out (so I have tried both with the keyboard and on the touch screen) and it doesn't work. So my device is locked and I can't enter the password. What can I do??

Thanks for any help!

This one (look at the homescreen, it is a OS6 device. ALT+L SHIF+H will clear the confusion for good thou)?

Last edited by diegonei; 10-18-2011 at 05:21 PM.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | Papo GP 10 | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,109 Global Posts

I'm pretty sure you have the Torch 9800 as you said you had it since January (Torch 2 wasn't out back then). Try reloading the OS.
    Z30STA1005 OS 10.3.0.1130
    Curious? Follow me @theonecid
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,505 Global Posts

You turned the phone off with the power button? Try a battery pull, pull the battery out while the phone is on, leave it out for 20 seconds then put it back in.
    Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by SmakBerry View Post
    You turned the phone off with the power button? Try a battery pull, pull the battery out while the phone is on, leave it out for 20 seconds then put it back in.
    Hope that helps
    Yep, that's what I suggested here. Forgot to link them.

Device locked-- password digits not showing
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | Papo GP 10 | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,505 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diegonei View Post
    Yep, that's what I suggested here. Forgot to link them.

Device locked-- password digits not showing
    My bad, hopefully it worked out for the OP, hope they let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by SmakBerry View Post
    My bad, hopefully it worked out for the OP, hope they let us know.
    No lol, my bad. I should have linked it in the first place. You just did your part were I failed to act.