How do i default to the mobile site with my 9800? For example, when i go to weather.com, it pulls up the full site, not the mobile site. But id much prefer the mobile site. Is there a way to do this?
    03-01-11 10:21 AM
    it depend of the website itself, if they didn't add the 9800 as a mobile phone, you will see the full site, nothing you can do about this.

edit: my stupidact.com site does detect 9800 as a mobile phone and redirect to the mobile site directly.
    03-01-11 10:33 AM
    +1. If the website you are visiting does not have a wap version of their page available, you will see the full site. It's up to the website owner and developers to produce a mobile version of their site. If there is a site you want a mobile version of that doesn't currently exist, send them an email and let them know. Many site developers don't bother doing a mobile version if no one has expressed interest is having one to access.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-11 12:21 PM
    the sites i go to DO have mobile sites, but its automatically directing me to the full site. Weather.com is a great example. If i go to weather .com on my 9700 i get the mobile version, if i go to weather.com on my 9800 i get the full site. Same with s2ki and acouple other sites i visit. What im wondering is if there is a setting within the browers that is telling sites to not give me the mobile site.
    03-01-11 12:31 PM
    listen, like I said it's all because the person that did the website you are trying to do didn't add the Torch on his(or her) mobile site checker, easy as that, there is still a mobile website, you still are able to go there manually, but the website is not able to detect that you run a mobile phone (and that specific site only) just send a message to the webmaster to add Blackberry 9800 to their checker.

Torch 9800 use this as the meta tag

Mozilla/5.0 (Blackberry;U;Blackberry 9800;en) AppleWebkit/534.8 + (KHTML,like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.* Mobile Safari/534.8

you can check that at http://stupidact.com/phone.php using your phone, or your webbrowser to see the different.

so my site (like every site with a mobile) look for that meta tag and if it does exist it redirect to the mobile site, and I just added that meta tag when the torch came out, so the site you are trying to go on is not up to date with blackberry. There is nothing you can do, really (except contacting them about the problem).
    03-01-11 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD