Got my Torch a week or two ago. Was in love with it. I was paranoid enough to put a screen protector on it. Figured, I just spent $450 to get it, better to be safe. Today I was cleaning the screen and couldnt get a tiny dot off. Tried to wipe it with the protector off, thats when I realized RIM had royaled ****ed me over yet again.

My Tour which I loved and took care of had an LCD leak and Telus and RIM refused to do anything for me.

I'm strongly considering going in and just getting an iPhone tomorrow. This is crap and Im tried of being screwed around by RIMs shotty screens. This phone goes from, bedside table to pocket for 30 seconds, to dash, to locker at work and reverse.
    12-04-10 07:28 PM
    So they won't replace a defective Torch, but will give you an iPhone instead?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-10 07:34 PM
    Im just over two weeks in, I'll kill the contract, since its free in the first month. I think they'll give me a new one, but why do I want another RIM phone? I now have nothing good to say.
    12-04-10 07:35 PM
    Sounds to me like you have already made up your mind simply because you got 2 faulty devices and don't want to take the time to go in and get it replaced.

Have fun with your iphone and I certainly hope that something goes wrong with that too so we can read about how apple screwed you over too( or was that ****ed you over?).

Either way, have fun with the iphone hope you enjoy it more then your BB experience.
    12-04-10 07:45 PM
    I know a lot of people with an iPhone or Touch device and never had an issue with their screens. Yet I have now had two issues with mine. Twp defects that are exceedingly rare.

I get technology breaks, but come on. Im tired of paying out of pocket. I love[d] my Torch. I just cant stand the inconvenience, if I pay $400 i think a screen should last a bit longer than a week. Or in the Tours case, a year.
    12-04-10 08:03 PM
    Defects happen, unfortunately you got 2 defects in a row(exceedingly rare in my opinion). Take the torch back and get a replacement, your perfectly within your rights to do so. Why get rid of a device you love simply because of a defect?

I've had mine since launch day and have none of the issues anyone is describing here, whether it be a wobbly slider, keys peeling off, or in your case dead pixels(btw, this is the first post I've seen about dead pixels, so it's not a widespread problem). My device is solid, as is 90% of the devices people have bought.

yes there are bound to be a few lemons when anything is mass produced. It's up to us as consumers to take them back and let the manufacturer know there's a problem. If no one ever took their devices back for replacements do you think anything would ever get a hardware or software upgrade?
    12-04-10 08:11 PM
    Are you sure its a dead pixel? I've seen posts here about dust particles under the screen and was wondering if maybe that was what you're seeing?

Sorry you're having problems but to me having an iphone is akin to trading one problem for another.

12-04-10 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD