I have Torch (9800 Rogers Branded) that will not turn on, (red light) flashes. I have tried all the tricks, nothing seems to work. I am open to other suggestions. I have read that flex cable is usually the broken/damaged item that causes most issues on this particular phone. Any suggestions are greatly appreicated.
    Last edited by wormycoolness; 08-28-14 at 08:52 AM.
    08-28-14 08:36 AM
    If you can maybe tell us what you've tried, someone might be able to come up with another idea.
    wormycoolness likes this.
    09-02-14 06:15 PM
    Ok. I got a brand new battery, and experience the blinking led. I tried to reload the OS but it fails to connect after the KVM reboot. I never ever get the pin to pop up only USB unknown. At one point the screen was flickering and acting up when slide open (Keyboard wasn't working) so I believe it's worth opening up, I believe it's the flex cable. It is not under warranty anymore so if figure it's worth an attempt
    09-02-14 09:29 PM
    One problem major fixed, now I have a new problem. Ha! I thought I would post some photos to help others who may have this old phone in a drawer somewhere not being used. After reading on here, there have been many complaints about this phone acting up. Many of these odd problems can be fixed with a software reload. However, if your flex cable has failed, and that is a flaw in just about every sliding phone in the world, you arrive at my particular scenario. I successfully replaced my flex cable, however my power and call buttons do not work. The home button works but does not move the screen. I've been told I should check my work on the home button, button area. Make sure nothing is loose. Any suggestions are always welcome

These are how the phone behaves within BB Desktop when I was trying to troubleshoot in the above posts. Of course it no longer has this issue, it boots up just fine. The LCD is working fine and the digitizer is also working perfectly. I don't have a SIM to test, but the WIFI is nice working fine as well.

09-06-14 09:18 AM