I was wondering if there was any way to customize which specific alerts you want to show up in your notification bar? For example, I like using Crunch SMS but hate how the default sms notification stays in the bar (because I'm opening the sms with Crunch and not the stock sms folder). Is there any way to disable sms's showing up in the notification bar? Thanks in advance!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-10 12:57 PM
    Generally it would be through the specific application that you are using to turn off the notifications. There is no "global" way of changing the indicators that come up.
    11-06-10 01:07 PM
    Follow crunch SMS instructions... Go to options>security options>firewall> change status to enabled and check the SMS box. This will block SMS text from ur inbox and notifications but will still show in crunchsms

11-06-10 01:21 PM
    Thanks icesteve! I'll give that a try!

11-06-10 02:15 PM
    What's so special about crunch sms? The current sms app that came with the phones works more then fine.
    11-06-10 03:33 PM
    I'm thinking some people just like to be "different" (see <20 y/o). Changing the sms client on a unit whose oem client is more than sufficient is beyond me.

11-06-10 04:15 PM
    What's so special about crunch sms? The current sms app that came with the phones works more then fine.
    I'm thinking some people just like to be "different" (see <20 y/o). Changing the sms client on a unit whose oem client is more than sufficient is beyond me.

Nothing special about it, other than its more aesthetically pleasing. The stock client does its job too, its just a little too plain looking for my taste. Different strokes for different folks fellas!
    11-07-10 01:11 AM
    Even I dont get the logic of using crunch sms ... makes me feel like im using an iphone =P
    11-08-10 01:04 AM
    Blackberrys all about customizing, its nice that you can change the look.

11-08-10 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD