Has anyone figured out a way to add custom search engines/websites to be queried through the universal search function (without using SearchIt).

Seems silly to have to pay for an app to do something the OS should be able to handle.
    02-07-11 02:58 PM
    There's no way yet to add additional Search choices to US that aren't currently options.
    There is a way to exclude some of the native options for US, so you should check all are enabled per you preferences.
    Open Options app (wrench icon). Type "Sea" and select Search to open the Search Options for US.

Aside from Searchit, the only 3rd party app I know of is also by Shao-Soft but free.
    This app will add 2 searches to US, 1 for CB Blogs and 1 for CB Forums:

CrackBerry Superstore | Download: CrackBerry.com Search
    02-07-11 03:21 PM
    There's no way yet to add additional Search choices to US that aren't currently options.
    There is a way to exclude some of the native options for US, so you should check all are enabled per you preferences.
    Open Options app (wrench icon). Type "Sea" and select Search to open the Search Options for US.

Aside from Searchit, the only 3rd party app I know of is also by Shao-Soft but free.
    This app will add 2 searches to US, 1 for CB Blogs and 1 for CB Forums:

CrackBerry Superstore | Download: CrackBerry.com Search
    Thanks for the response elite1. I already have those crackberry ones installed which peaked my interest in having other commonly used sites be added to the functionality.

Please let me know if anything changes/anyone else locates a solution.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-11 03:31 PM
    Remember that US is new to the BB world. I have a feeling we'll see plenty of free apps similar to CB.com Search.

I'd say, remember to keep an eye on the Apps Forum every once in a while.
    02-07-11 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD