Most post and reviews on this entire website are overly biased.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-10 05:19 PM
    RIM, however, does PAY CrackBerry to do reviews. This is sometimes standard practice once a website can influence many people. Websites like IGN and GameSpot get paid all the time for positive video game reviews.
    08-05-10 05:25 PM
    PLEASE MOVE ON TROLLS...... DON'T LIKE BBs THEN GET THE **** OUT OF HERE. WE LOVE CRACKBERRY.COM
    08-05-10 05:36 PM
    Most post and reviews on this entire website are overly biased.

Most reviews on CrackBerry are based on what new features(if any) that are added to a new device compared to the previous ones. Just look at the browser speed test with the ip4/captivate/9800 and there it is for everyone to see. The review on the Torch is in-depth with a hint of positivity but it mentions the negatives of the device as well. Kevin, like all of us BlackBerry enthusiasts want BlackBerry to do well. We know this device is lacking so we don't need trolls to tell us what we already know.
    08-05-10 08:54 PM
    Its pretty clear that Crackberry.com is on RIM's payroll.

Evidence? see Kevins positive review of the 9800.

My opinion on this device, crap.

i went to my local att store to see it and i was not impressed. the text looks to bad and jaggy.
    low rest reminds me of the wii.
    08-05-10 09:28 PM

i went to my local att store to see it and i was not impressed. the text looks to bad and jaggy.
    Reviews are always subjective (quite frankly, there is no such thing as an objective review).

Some people see the device for what it is and love it.
    Some people (like you) see the device for what it isn't and hate it.

Two different opinions, both are perfectly valid. You might not agree with the review, it's your choice.

I love it... And I am getting one.
    08-05-10 09:33 PM

I actually can't believe that we're doing this again. To sum up, I like Modern Family and rave about it. You watch and dislike it. Do we have different opinions? Different tastes? No, Disney is giving me a salary.

Like it, don't like it, just don't make statements that show how little you know. .

08-05-10 09:43 PM
    this is a fun thread to read!! made me laugh out loud a few times as i scrolled through.

a) we're definitely not owned by rim. though money talks and everything has it's price. a billion dollars and they can have cb. heck, if they buy it for a billion everybody on this thread can have free BBs for life too!

b) we've NEVER taken money from RIM for writing reviews. nor have they ever asked.

c) full disclosure. we do have advertisements on crackberry from time to time for blackberry. we work with a third party ad company who manages all advertising for our SPE network. so obviously rim or one of rim's ad agencies does work with the ad agency to buy ads for from their entire network... and as part of that we do serve up blackberry campaigns on occasion. any dollars spent are definitely not related to review content - this is straight page views and clicks type stuff for banner ads.

And as for how I tackle a big review... it was correctly stated on this thread above already...

- I write our reviews for our audience. We are a BlackBerry enthusiast site. I write what I know - BlackBerrys... so I compare anything new being reviewed with BlackBerrys first and foremost. I know there are other sites out there writing reviews for their audiences too, and in those cases they'll be comparing less to BB and more to the competition, so I try to bring a level of knowledge and granularity to it that even hardcore BlackBerry users will benefit from.

A device like the Torch - new form factor and new OS - demanded a real in-depth review. So that's what I did. There's more background info, knowledge and detail in there -- between the torch review and bb 6 review -- then you'll find anywhere. And if you read every word, you'll definitely see that I nail every negative point and every positive point. When I'm not happy with something, I'll always try to keep the overall tone positive though. I think that's more constructive. I want to see RIM succeed. I want them to be pumping out better and better devices. And also, that's just how I am for real. Meet me in person - I'm a friendly happy guy. Read through any and every post I've written on CB - that's how my tone has been since the site launched.

Hope that addresses any concerns. Carry on as you were.

K
    08-05-10 10:08 PM
    and this is why you are and always will be the undisputed Crackberry leader!
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 08-05-10 at 10:16 PM. Reason: No need to quote the post directly above yours.
    08-05-10 10:12 PM
    This is a BlackBerry "fan site", what is the point of posting such a dumb and uncalled thread in here? even worse, why on Earth am I posting a reply here! LOL
    08-05-10 10:30 PM
    and this is why you are and always will be the undisputed Crackberry leader!
    I agree. It wasn't necessary to refute these charges but it was a nicely written explanation and I hope it puts all the allegations to rest.

08-05-10 10:30 PM
    Well said Kevin! I am very excited for the Torch to be released, so excited that I took a vacation day from work next Thursday so i could buy it right at 10am when my local at&t store opens, and i'll have all day to set it up, load it with apps, and enjoy my new blackberry.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 08-05-10 at 10:47 PM. Reason: No need to quote Kevins post
    08-05-10 10:32 PM
    Everything is great on my BB and some days may be better than others with the battery life. If I use it more than more juice is used. I am not bothered if I have to charge it up nightly or every other night. It is my only communicator.
    The res is great too. I have no complaints.
    08-05-10 10:41 PM
    These poor bastards WISH they were on Rim's payroll. Let them be and get a life. Seriously.

08-06-10 04:46 AM
    These poor bastards WISH they were on Rim's payroll.

I wholeheartedly agree with this, lol
    08-06-10 06:07 AM
    +1,

i don't get why they are wasting so much time of their lives just to get on here and complain?

Kevin Rocks. I love comparing BB to BB, cause I won't get away from BB. It was interesting doing the side-by-side tests with other phones, but any more then that would have annoyed me. there is always something with a better spec, so are you going to complain forever and be stuck with a motorola rzr? didn't think so
    Last edited by ibcnul8ter; 08-06-10 at 06:38 AM.
    08-06-10 06:33 AM
    this is a fun thread to read!! made me laugh out loud a few times as i scrolled through.

K
    I believe I've done my job here. Time to move on.

Who's next?
    08-06-10 07:04 AM
    I believe I've done my job here. Time to move on.

Who's next?
    All you�ve done is create a big mess over nothing...

When the time came to choose whether to buy the 9700 or not, the CB review on the phone was the definite article i was hoping to read. Plus and Minus, in depth analysis covering every single aspect of the phone. Guess what... the phone is everything i was expecting... and more!

To me, besides a BB fan site, CB also has the plus side of giving RIM feedback about their enhancements being that this is one of the biggest BB comunities... if they completely trash a phone that has so many new features, that we can say is an honest effort from RIM in responding to our requests and demands, what kind of constructive objectivity would that review have?

"An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea."

Well done K

Cheers,
    08-06-10 08:07 AM
    To be honest, I've never trusted CB's reviews on any BBs. When I bought my Tour, I made sure to look around and see what the general consensus was before purchasing at the time. If you're an informed consumer, you're going to read around for reviews from CB and other tech sites.

I do appreciate his attention to detail though.
    08-06-10 10:39 AM

That's not evidence, its opinion. Based on someones personal review? So is Engadget in Apples pocket? You know? I think they are on Apples Payroll!! Hmmmmm...interesting.

Yep, sounds stupid TOO!
    08-06-10 10:43 AM
    All you former BB users (you know who you are.... look at the device model in your profile) please stop trying to validate your new phones. You chose to move on, and so you should from here. CB.com has forums for Apple and Android so please go there.
    08-06-10 11:05 AM
    To be honest, I've never trusted CB's reviews on any BBs. When I bought my Tour, I made sure to look around and see what the general consensus was before purchasing at the time. If you're an informed consumer, you're going to read around for reviews from CB and other tech sites.

I do appreciate his attention to detail though.
    Of course i�d be crazy in trusting only one source... BGR & other sites were also included but i still say.... CB review ended up confirming everything i already read..
    08-06-10 12:40 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD