Hello, i am using the Torch and just have a few questions i hope someone could answer..

1. Is there a way to close a application at once? for example, i am in contacts and have 3 contacts open (jay, john & jack) is there a way i can close the whole program at once (close it so it stops running and not in the background) instead of having to close Jays window, then johns, and then jacks window before being able to close the entire contacts application?

2. I have Wi-Fi at home and a data plan, so when i am home i would like the blackberry to use the wifi for things like web browsing and not the Bell network, i know i can just turn off the Bell connection, but i need that on for text messages and phone calls, so basically.. how do i set/check the phone to make sure it uses WiFi for browsing when it is connected to Wifi?

Thanks..

Sorry this is my first BB, i will probably have many more questions in the near future too
    11-07-10 07:53 PM
    1. I'm not sure how you opened more than one contact at a time from within contacts but typically you just press the back key (right of the track pad) and it will close the contacts app. Press and hold the menu/app key and you will see what apps are running. You will always see Home, BBM (if installed),Messages, Browser and Phone.
    2. If you have a wi-fi connection, the wi-fi icon will be white (and possibly have a Blackberry icon to the right of the wi-fi icon, this is good) and the Blackberry will automatically use wi-fi before using your network. It will use the wi-fi for internet, all email, social networking and texting. basically everything but the telephone.
    11-07-10 08:08 PM
    ah i see, hitting the back key is easy and seems to close the running app too, and yes, i do see the blackberry icon beside the wifi icon..

Thank You for the info
    11-07-10 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD