How secure does having a password on the BB make it? What I mean is, if my BB is stolen, is there any way that the BB can be used by the thief? Can the password be bypassed in any way?

If my BB is stolen, can my carrier (Orange UK) block the phone itself from being used by anyone?

Thanks

-
    03-07-11 10:33 AM
    How secure does having a password on the BB make it? What I mean is, if my BB is stolen, is there any way that the BB can be used by the thief? Can the password be bypassed in any way?

If my BB is stolen, can my carrier (Orange UK) block the phone itself from being used by anyone?

Thanks

-
    we ask for a password and certain number of attempts before the BB wipe itself ( erase all existing data). so if you're really concerned i would make the allowable attempts to enter the correct password to 3.

If the thief got the Torch unlocked ( you didn't initiate the password) then yeah he/she can use it and have access to all the info you have.
    there's a feature in the Torch where you can set it to automatically lock itself after x amount of minutes ( 5 minutes- 60 minutes)

In theory, your carrier can block the IMEI number, but reality tells a different story, there's so much paperwork and police report to do that.

what i do, is back up the device every week.. and now you can use an App called BlackBerry Protect.. that allows you to locate your BB and remotely wipe it as well
    03-07-11 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD