SIM Card:

My gf is out of country now and I would like to buy 1 Torch for me and 1 for her. Can I buy it now? I am afraid once she gets out of the airport she could not call me because her old SIM Card and phone will be voided? Will she be able to use the old SIM card if I purchase the phones now?

Contract:

My 2-year contract ends in November, but I am eligible for upgrade now. If I upgrade now. Does the new 2-year contract start from the day I upgrade? Or it's an additional 2 years after my expiring-in-Nov contract?

And why I am not considered "Add a new service plan" and instead I am just "Upgrade for existing customers"? The price point on Amazon is different these two types.

Amazon:

On Amazon I can only get a new family plan if I upgrade by choosing "I am part of an existing family plan" then I can only get the phone for myself. How can I get all the phones for my existing family plan? And why this option is $200 instead of $100 for existing individual account????

Thanks in advance!
    08-12-10 11:38 AM
    Kind of a bummer about ordering from online retailers. They shouldn't HAVE to change you SIM, but if they do there is no going back.
    08-12-10 11:45 AM
    Kind of a bummer about ordering from online retailers. They shouldn't HAVE to change you SIM, but if they do there is no going back.
    So are you saying that's always true for online retailers? Wirefly, Amazon and etc?

So the old SIM card will be invalid once I purchase the phone?
    08-12-10 11:47 AM
    It is possible, although there is no reason for them to change the SIM, I've seen it happen.
    08-12-10 12:06 PM
    when i bought from AT&T online for the 9700, they sent a new SIM with the phone, but until I called and activated the new SIM, my old SIM worked fine (I even used it in the new 9700 for a week before activating the new SIM).
    08-12-10 12:53 PM
    when i bought from AT&T online for the 9700, they sent a new SIM with the phone, but until I called and activated the new SIM, my old SIM worked fine (I even used it in the new 9700 for a week before activating the new SIM).
    Ha! Great! Looks like I can buy the phones now! Hooray!!!!!!!
    08-12-10 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD