I have tried transferring my phone contacts from my Curve 8330 to my Torch 9800 4times. All phone settings, and apps from my other phone transferred, but for some reason, my contacts won't. Please Help!
    06-05-11 06:53 PM
    Why don't you explain exactly how you tried to do it rather than having us try to guess.
    06-05-11 07:13 PM
    Through the blackberry desktop I used "switch devices". Once the task was completed, all applications and settings from the curve had moved to the torch, except the phone contacts. I then tried to "back up" the contacts from the curve, and "restore" them to the Torch. This process did not work as well.
    06-05-11 07:20 PM
    First of all it is not covenient to transfear settings from one os to another, second of all are you doing it using the swich device service?
    If you back up and restore theres not way for your contacts not to show on your torch unless you are missflagging somenthing
    06-05-11 07:21 PM
    What do you mean by mis flagging?
    06-05-11 07:24 PM
    What BIS email accounts do you have linked to your device? Any hotmail/gmail/yahoo? If so, did you link those to your device BEFORE you did a restore? If yes, do this:

1. Delete all hotmail/yahoo/gmail accounts from either your carriers BIS site, or your phone via the email settings app
    2. Wait for service books to disappear
    3. Peform the device switch
    4. Once done, add accounts back to the device

The reason this happens:

If you look in DTM when you do a selective restore, address book is greyed out (it's syncing wirelessly with one of your email accounts). As such, you can't replace that with a backup via DTM, as wireless sync over-rides a local sync. The work around is to restore your data first (device switch wizard) and THEN add your email accounts in. You end up with all contacts from old device on the new one, plus any you have via your email accounts.
    saudadeii likes this.
    06-05-11 08:47 PM
    What BIS email accounts do you have linked to your device? Any hotmail/gmail/yahoo? If so, did you link those to your device BEFORE you did a restore? If yes, do this:

1. Delete all hotmail/yahoo/gmail accounts from either your carriers BIS site, or your phone via the email settings app
    2. Wait for service books to disappear
    3. Peform the device switch
    4. Once done, add accounts back to the device

The reason this happens:

If you look in DTM when you do a selective restore, address book is greyed out (it's syncing wirelessly with one of your email accounts). As such, you can't replace that with a backup via DTM, as wireless sync over-rides a local sync. The work around is to restore your data first (device switch wizard) and THEN add your email accounts in. You end up with all contacts from old device on the new one, plus any you have via your email accounts.
    This did the trick! Thank you so much for your help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-11 10:32 AM
    Nicely done!
    06-06-11 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD