I have searched the forums (for almost 3 hours) looking for help & I have not found the answer, thus a new thread. I apologize in advance if there is a thread I just never stumbled upon.

Here is my issue. A few days ago, I noticed that the 4 contacts that I have a special ringtone assigned to, no longer works under certain profiles. For example, if I have my phone set to vibrate, not only does it not vibrate when that contact calls, but their assigned ringtone actually rings through. The same thing happens if I change the sound profile to silent. I have gone through and made sure these 4 contacts all have the "volume" and "play sound" options set to "active profile". This is only happening with my 4 contacts that I have special tones assigned to. It's also happening with their message tone. Any contact that does not have a special tone assigned to it performs exactly how it should.

I have wiped my phone & reloaded the os (2 times, in fact), I have done multiple battery pulls. I have never had this happen before, and as I said it literally only started a few days ago. I have not downloaded any new apps. All I've done to the phone recently is upgrade to the BB App World beta version.

I'm headed to the AT&T store tomorrow if no one here can offer up a solution (I'm still under warranty). After spending over 4 hours on this last night & not getting to bed until 3am, I'm done trying to figure it out.

This is just so frustrating! My phone has been perfect for me until this, but I certainly can't have the tones ring through when my phone is set to vibrate or silent!

I'm running os .600, AT&T official. I downgraded to it thinking the leaked .666 I had installed decided to go buggy on me.

Thank so much in advance for any help.
    10-16-11 11:38 AM
    I have the 9850 and I don't use individual contact ring tones so that part I can't verify. But I sympathize in that when I had my Tour (9630), it had a flaw with ring tones requiring that I make custom profiles to avoid ringing on silent. That was an OS problem. If yours did work and now doesn't, it sounds like something else happened; but you will need to see if they can duplicate it with another phone before you waste your time with a new one.
    10-16-11 12:14 PM
    Thank you so much for your reply. What makes me think it's a problem with the phone is the fact that this only began a few days ago. Literally 2 days. That's what makes me thing it's not os related, especially when I downgraded from .666 to .600 & the issue is still there.
    Last edited by Lyls; 10-16-11 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Misspellings
    10-16-11 12:17 PM
    If the store or tech folks can get another phone and not duplicate it, then it certainly implies some sort of problem with yours. Just odd that the OS load didn't fix it then. That's why I think it is an OS flaw but why it emerged late is also odd. Please post what you learn from the store.
    10-16-11 08:05 PM
    Well I took a trip to the AT&T warranty store & they exchanged my phone out, no questions asked. Am still transferring everything over so I'll post again my results with the sound profiles.
    10-17-11 06:23 PM
    Wow...looks like it wasn't the phone. The problem is STILL there! I've gotten it corrected halfway. I can get the contacts assigned tones to function properly for texts, but not phone calls.

What I did to get the texts to work properly is, I set the "play sound" to "out of holster", saved it, then went back & switched it to "active profile", saved it & it worked. This procedure isn't working to fix the phone calls. They still ring through on silent & vibrate. It works on "all alerts off".

Update: I'm getting there. I now have 1 of the 4 working properly for phone calls. I changed the "play sound" to "always", saved it, & went back & changed it to "active profile". It seems I'll have to keep playing with it to get them to work. What a pain!
    Last edited by Lyls; 10-17-11 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Updated information
    10-17-11 11:26 PM
    I have fixed all but one contact. It doesn't matter what I do, it still rings through on vibrate & silent. I've changed the ringtone, I've restarted the phone, I've done battery pulls, I've switch the "active profile" to "always", etc. I am completely stumped. If anyone has any other suggestions for me, I'm all ears!
    10-18-11 11:44 AM
    I'm right there with you! Mine is doing the same, I am completely stumped as well and unhappy. Imagine my surprise during the meeting this morning when the Warchant started playing all the while my phone was on vibrate! Nice...
    10-18-11 02:33 PM
    Now I'm curious as to how long you've had your phone & have you made any changes recently? I had not, but my situation keeps getting curiouser & curiouser!

I have fixed the last contact I had a problem with. I had set the volume to "9" instead of "active profile" & now it works as it should on vibrate & silence.

After getting it all figured out, my regular text tone for everyone else wouldn't play on normal mode! My phone would go silent. So, again, I go to the normal profile & while messing around with it, I realized the the tone I chose was not playing back. I selected a different tone, then went back to the original & it then played.

All of my issues have been with ringtones I've downloaded, but what is really stumping is the fact that they all worked with zero problems up until about 5 days ago. It makes no sense that they would suddenly malfunction, along with the profiles, out of the blue like that, even with this warranty exchange phone!

As of now, everything seems to be the way it should. I hope I've helped a little bit if anyone else is having these issues.
    10-18-11 02:43 PM
    I've had this phone for about a year and it seems like it's just started happening to me. I've sort of noticed it before (but blew it off) but today was a real eye opener! And now I feel like such a goober, you did help me!! Even though it said active profile, it never dawned on me that the volume was not on silent. Sheeeeeesh!!! It's still just weird that this happened all of a sudden and I haven't made any changes- os or otherwise. So thank you SO much for your help!
    10-18-11 04:26 PM
    Thought I read in the phone instructions that any individual contact ringtones would ring through no matter what ring Profile was selected. That is why I deleted individual contact ringtones. Got tired of having a meeting interuppted by a ring when the phone was on silent.
    10-28-11 06:14 PM
    It actually did turn out to be a valid problem with the phone. It shouldn't ring through unless you change the volume of that custom ringtone to anything other than "active profile".
    10-28-11 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD