I love my bb and used to use a palm way back when. One feature the palm had was if you are entering a task or calendar item and you wanted in include a contact's info, you entered the first few letters of a person or business name, pressed alt "L" and it automatically looked up the contact, select it, and the contact's name and phone was automatically pasted into the task or calendar event. Does anyone know of any apps that does this for the blackberry. Would think with it being a business device they would have incorporated something like that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-10 10:46 PM
    Are you talking about an attendee? I don't know of any shortcuts but the attendee field works like addind reciepents to emails.

Did I misunderstand your request?

12-18-10 10:58 PM
    No, not invite atendee. This is how the feature worked on Palm. If you have a task such as "call james Bond", you type "call James" then press alt L. All the listings with james pops up, you select james Bond and his name and telephone number are automatically pasted in. Then when the task notice pops up, the number is already in there, so just click on it and it will dial. No need to leave the task to look up James bond to call him. It was a really cool feature and I miss it. Any apps like that?

12-18-10 11:16 PM
    k, gotcha. I just tried a few things and don't see that option or anyway to backdoor it with a task.
    12-19-10 12:28 AM
    k, gotcha. I just tried a few things and don't see that option or anyway to backdoor it with a task.
    Thanks

12-19-10 07:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD