Hey everyone...I am new to the blackberry world and just got the torch on the release date and am thoroughly enjoying the device. My question is will the phone display contact info of people i have in my contact list without caller id or name display? Everytime i get a call from someone thats in my contact list it comes up as "unknown caller"

Thanks
    10-12-10 07:35 PM
    For all phones (not just BB) you need caller ID for phone numbers and names to come up.
    10-12-10 10:06 PM
    You don't need name display - just caller id - the phone matches the number given to it by caller id with any numbers in your contacts list.
    10-13-10 06:52 AM
    Make sure in contacts that the numbers listed are like 1112223333. There is no parentheses or dashes allowed. I did this wrong before.
    10-13-10 08:01 AM
    Not sure about parentheses, but I use dashes & the contact info still comes up on caller ID.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 08:17 AM
    I have parentheses in mine and have no issues with the contact info coming up correctly
    10-13-10 08:58 AM
    I have a few that do that. Sometimes will show Private Caller or Unkonwn Caller do to the person having a blocked number.
    10-13-10 09:39 AM
    damn, I kinda figured i needed the caller id. I am trying to talk rogers into removing a bunch of useless calling features that came with my plan like call manager and whocalled to replace with caller id so i don't have to pay the 8bucks a month...but so far unsuccessful. Thanks for all the responses.
    10-13-10 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD