I am new to BB and have had the Torch for 2 weeks. Today, while on the phone, my call has been interrupted by an update. The call is dropped and the phone shuts off to complete an update. Is this normal? Do I need to change some of the options? HELP!!
    09-12-10 02:45 PM
    Can you tell us some more about this update it wanted to do? Never heard of a call being interrupted for it.
    09-12-10 03:19 PM
    The only thing that would possibly interrupt a call to update (or update without permission at all), would be an OS update.

If that is true, than your phone has been possessed by the devil, since there is no official update for 6.0.

If you haven't been using a ouija (wee-jee) board recently, maybe you just installed a bad app.

Otherwise find a priest and some holy water
    09-12-10 04:47 PM
    LOL!! well it may be possessed. While on a call, the phone just blanks out then the blackberry logo comes up the the progress bar pops up. It has also been doing it while not on the phone. I reached for the phone and realized it was dead. After pressing a few buttons the progress bar pops up again. I don't know whats going on with it. I downloaded Cube Touch yesterday but just deleted it. Not sure what is going on......
    09-12-10 04:54 PM
    That is your phone rebooting. Something is crashing it - perhaps the new app you installed. Try removing it and see if it still happens and we'll try to help you fix it.
    09-12-10 05:17 PM
    THANK YOU!!! I deleted it. Hopefully this will work. If it doesn't I'll let you know.
    09-12-10 05:24 PM
    THANK YOU!!! I deleted it. Hopefully this will work. If it doesn't I'll let you know.
    Ok good luck - worst case scenario you probably need to wipe and reinstall the OS which takes 20-30 minutes. You could also - and should if you are willing to - upgrade to .214 either way.
    09-12-10 05:45 PM
    I still think it was possessed.
    But all of that makes sense too.
    09-12-10 05:50 PM
    Jeffreii Dumb question but how do I upgrade to .214?
    May be possessed but its mine!!! Nah LOL!
    09-12-10 06:12 PM
    Jeffreii Dumb question but how do I upgrade to .214?
    May be possessed but its mine!!! Nah LOL!
    Look at the first two links in my signature directly below this text.
    09-12-10 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD