I had my Torch replaced and when I turned it back on after putting the SIM in I got a text message telling me the phone needed to be manually configured. These are the settings I was told to use

Configure browser settings

The following browser information must be manually programmed into your device.
    APN: proxy.stm.sk.ca
    Proxy: mig.sasktel.com
    Port: 80
    Note: If your device requires a WAP proxy termination, use Port 8080
    Save your changes.
    Note: For some devices the following extra steps may be required:
    Launch your phone�s Web browser.
    Navigate to the 'Browser Settings' menu.
    Under 'Browser Connection', select the new connection profile that you have just created.

Configure multimedia messaging service (MMS) settings

The following Multimedia Messaging information must be programmed into your device.
    APN: proxy.stm.sk.ca
    Proxy: mig.sasktel.com
    Port: 80
    Note: If your device requires a WAP proxy termination, use Port 8080.
    Save your changes.
    The following Multimedia Messaging information must then be programmed into your device:
    MMSC: http://mms.sasktel.com/
    MMS Proxy: mig.sasktel.com
    If your device requires you to enter a port use 80
    If your device requires a WAP proxy termination use port 8080
    Save your changes.
    All I can find is the APN name under TCP/IP settings. So I changed that, is there somewhere in the phone to put the rest of the settings?
    04-09-11 11:20 PM
    Maybe you should resend your service books and register your phone with the network. Your carrier can resend your service books. You can also try Options>Device>Advanced>Host Routing>Register Now.

A battery pull couldn't hurt either.

Good luck!
    04-10-11 07:44 AM
    Hey I re-registered the phone, pulled the battery, and called my service provider. The APN it is registering is pda.bell.com which is not the apn my carrier uses. When I switch to the APN my carrier reccomends my data services stops working. They told me just to leave it with the wrong one if its working.

I have no idea why it would be doing this, but alas, its working.
    04-10-11 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD