Hello folks, I bought an unlocked AT T 9800 when it first came out. I did wipe, reinstall a new OS (because BB maps doesnt seem to connect to BIS for some reason), but still the AT T theme shows up, meaning that it is ignoring the new OS. The carrier I use is Etisalat, and I want my blackberry to be exactly like my friend's, who's on the same data plan as me and can use BB maps. I can't.

I tried BBSAK but after wiping and installing, ATT logo shows up.

What's missing?

Thanks a lot people.
    01-08-12 08:19 AM
    Nothing, you can not changed out the boot logo. But you running the new OS. See the status "About Device Versions" to verify yhe OS upgrade.
    Last edited by saudadeii; 01-08-12 at 08:27 AM.
    01-08-12 08:25 AM
    The phone will always be at&t branded, but you can get BBMaps to work. Direct your BlackBerry browser at this link.
    01-08-12 08:27 AM
    Im not trying to change the boot logo. But I do a complete wipe and install of a different carrier OS and I still get Visual mail and things like that.

I want a complete install of an OS that is not binded to any carriers
    01-08-12 08:28 AM
    The phone will always be at&t branded, but you can get BBMaps to work. Direct your BlackBerry browser at this link.

BB maps loads and starts. It just won't load the data (the maps) itself, it just shows blank. When I first got it it worked perfectly, after installing a new OS it stopped working. I have been like this for a long time and I'm just missing a free feature.
    01-08-12 08:30 AM
    I figured out it has to do with LBS (location based services) not working on my phone, since the GPS will lock but always shows "address: unknown"
    01-08-12 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD