Well i'm coming back to my 9800 after a 3 month hiatus with the iphone 4. i missed bbm, notifications and battery life. i have purchased the micro sim adapter, would i just put the current sim from the iphone 4 in the adaptor then into the 9800 and call att to get me back on the unlimited bb plan. i already have unlimited data. I just want to make sure this is the easiest way without heading to an att store for a new sim for the 9800. I did look at all the previous posts, but did not find any with respect to an iphone 4. any help is greatly appreciated. TIA
    03-17-11 01:45 PM
    I recall some other threads about the use of microsim adapters in the torch. I believe they worked, you just have to be really careful about inserting and removing the adapter from the sim card slot in the torch. Perhaps someone with a bit more experience in attempting this could confirm though before you actually try...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-11 04:40 PM
    If it was me, I would go to a store and just get a new sim card. There have been a few posts where using an adapter ruined the contacts on the phone.

As far as getting your unlimited BB plan back, as far as I'm aware this isn't going to happen, if you changed your plan(from unlimited BIS to just unlimited data, which are 2 totally different animals) then your no longer grandfathered into that plan. Good luck with it though, I for one would be curious if they give it back to you seeing as you have an unlimited data plan already.
    03-17-11 07:53 PM
    If it was me, I would go to a store and just get a new sim card. There have been a few posts where using an adapter ruined the contacts on the phone.

As far as getting your unlimited BB plan back, as far as I'm aware this isn't going to happen, if you changed your plan(from unlimited BIS to just unlimited data, which are 2 totally different animals) then your no longer grandfathered into that plan. Good luck with it though, I for one would be curious if they give it back to you seeing as you have an unlimited data plan already.
    I've also seen posts about the adapter getting stuck or damaging the physical metal contacts.

About the plan. I don't think it would be a problem. You can ask in the AT&T forum here. There is a member from AT&T who will answer. But call AT&T too just to be sure. Afaik, a data plan is a data plan. BIS is just added to the plan. It isn't really a separate plan even though it looks like it the way AT&T lists it. Especially when you consider that there is no additional cost to have BIS.

03-17-11 08:18 PM
    I did exactly what you are talking about with a Bold 9000. I bought the adapter for $6 from a German company on the net. You do have to be careful because the SIM comes out of the adapter pretty easily. However, you might as well get a new SIM. When I tried putting the SIM back in the iphone 4 after switching to BB data the iphone says I don't have a cellular data plan. The SIM does still work in an Android phone with the BB plan. I used to switch between BB and iphone 3GS no problem. I'm not sure why it no longer works.

03-17-11 08:52 PM
    Im British so possibly things are different here but generally if you walk in to your providers local store they will sort you out with a new sim and get it transferred for you. Often people need a new sim if they have certain issues with their phone. So normally no charge if under contract.
    03-18-11 03:42 AM
    thanks for the advice. I think i will go back to the store and get a new sim for the torch. with respect to the data plans, i did have unlimited BIS that was made into unlimited iphone data, so hopefully i should still be able to get the unlimited BIS when i go back to the 9800. I will keep you guys posted.
    03-18-11 12:42 PM
    I put my rogers iphone 4 micro sim into 9800 and my service works fine.. but its gonna be hard to take it out from phone pnce u install it in the housing..
    03-18-11 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD